6.) surfacing memories

"Stitches," by Shawn Mendes
*******************************************

"So this is the book?" Ella asked.

"Yup." Kira said.

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia said.

"Well they probably also didn't have violent books that cause wild hallucinations." Stiles said.

"That's why Malia is here." Scott said.
"So none of us go running into traffic." Kira said.

"Or worse." Ella said.

"Like what happened to Judy," Malia said, "chapter fourteen."

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She would remember a girl with a tail jumping from the ceiling and attacking everyone." Lydia said.

"If it works." Stiles said.

"It has to." Lydia said.

"What does that mean?" Scott asked.
"I think I saw them during my surgery," she said, "when I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like-"

"A memory trying to surface." Theo said.

"Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira questioned.

"If they did something to me. I want to know what it is." Lydia said.

Lydia took the original copy and sat in a chair. Then one by one, everyone else took a copy. Ella was the last one to grab one. She took it and went over to sit on the ground next to the couch Malia was sitting at. Ella re-read the cover, and got a strange feeling. Her eyes stayed glued to the title. The Dread Doctors. Then, there again she felt a small breeze. And it was as if she was lost into thought. She felt the exact same as when they were at the sinema.

Scott seemed to notice how lost in thought she was. He watched as her eyes drifted. He called her name once, causing all the attention to go to her. When she didn't answer he called her name again. This time her head snapped up to face him.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? You sort of, drifted." Scott said.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine." She said.

Scott let out a nod and when back to reading. Ella shook her and opened to the first page. She sighed, and began reading.

About two hours had passed. The only thing that was being heard where the flipping of pages, and the sighs leaving mouths.

"Any one feel anything yet?" Scott asked.

"Tired." Kira said.

"Hungry." Lydia said.

"I think he meant the book." Theo said.

Lydia rolled her eyes and sighed. Ella was with Stiles and Malia, the ones who already finished. Although Ella started later than the rest, she was the first one to finish. Stiles then followed.