5

ADELAIDE'S POV

"Honestly, Niall," I started, "the chicken didn't satisfy my taste buds as much as you wanted it to." He took me to his favorite fast food place and forcefully made me try his favorite food, needless to say, mine was so much better. 

"Honestly, Adelaide," He spoke, mocking me, "you obviously have terrible taste in food."

"We just agreed on Barmbrack and fucking garlic knots!" I jokingly yelled. 

"I'll give you that, babe," He winked at me before exploring my flat. He nearly walked into Hayden's room before I abruptly stopped him, knowing that even if there was nothing out of place, she would know for sure that someone was in there. Niall's cologne would've given him away, without a doubt. Seeing as he wears Old Spice's Wolfthorn, which, may I add, smells incredible. 

"You've got quite the vintage taste, yeah?" He asked whilst sitting on the old floral couch. He propped his guitar up on his lap, I watch his fingers move smoothly from chord to chord. Oh God, help me I think I'm in love. 

From: Hayden x

All I can really say is oh my God, I hope things are going well with mister Irish. Love you xx

To: Hayden x

Yeah, yeah, love you too x

"Earth to Adelaide," Niall snapped me back to reality by waving his hand in my face and occasionally snapping his fingers. 

"Please call me Addie, you make me sound one hundred plus years old," I told him once I had completely recovered. 

We went over a thousand chords and a thousand different compositions before we decided that Niall was playing guitar while I stick to my piano because I couldn't keep up with how fast he was playing. He also wrote different lyrics for every combination.

"Come on, sing to me!" I pleaded, eager to hear his voice, "Sing what you wrote, I pinky promise I won't judge you." I held out my pinky for him to take but instead, he looked at me like I had seven heads and snakes coming out of my ears. I mumbled a quick apology, kind of embarrassed. My whole life, I've been giving pinky promises as a legitimate foundation of trust, it came out naturally. I allowed my head to hang and my hair to shield me so I didn't have to look him in the eye, that was until he moved my hair out of my face and lifted my head to look at him. I could see the remorse in his eyes but he quickly looked away and began to strum a few chords before singing.: 

"Don't try to make me stay or ask if I'm okay, I don't have the answer. Don't make me stay the night or ask if I'm alright, I don't have the answer. Heartache doesn't last forever, I'll say I'm fine. Midnight ain't no time for laughing when you say goodbye," Niall stopped strumming and looked at me sheepishly, "I know, it's not that great, I scribbled it down one day after an arse of a breakup." 

"No, that was beautiful, really. I loved it," I put my hand comfortingly on his arm and he took in the clear view of my tattoo. 

"I like this," He traced his finger over the lettering, causing goosebumps to form on my arm. I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks and I let out a dry laugh before removing my hand from his arm. "What's it mean?" 

"Exactly what it says, believe," I took a deep breath, mentally slapping myself, "a-and the butterfly st-stands for my aunt." I scolded myself for releasing so much information to a person I didn't even know, he didn't press any further, he just nodded and turned his attention back to the composition project.

We went through each of them before settling on a composition, we played it and it sounded rough due to us just now seeing eye to eye and, of course, playing it at the same time. Niall hummed the rhythm. It was nice to be able to spend time with someone new instead of talking boys with Hayden. We decided to take a break and watch a movie, which just by chance happened to be Grease.