Chapter 8

I backed away as he handled the whole fire. He handled very calmly, and it didn't seem like it affected him at all.

After our spaghetti was burnt, we decided to just order some pizza. We waited in complete silence but not for long. The pizza delivery guy was here before we knew it. I opened the door and reached for the cash behind the door. As I turned around, I couldn't help notice that he was extremely hot. He raised his eyebrows out me noticing my looks too. My father came up behind me, took the cash from my hands gently, handed the cash to the boy, took the pizza box, and closed the door before I could say anything. I immediately turned around.

"What was that all about?" I asked harshly. He walked to the kitchen pretending to not of heard me. "I said, what all that about?!" I said this much loudly. I was kind of mad because the guy was cute and he obviously thought I was too. Now I'm new to all this, but I could tell the guy liked me.

"Nothing. Just getting the pizza." He replied. I looked at him and crossed my arms. He noticed that I was upset. "Look, it's just. You just got here. Maybe you'll see the guy at school or something." He was holding back from saying the real truth. The real reason he acted like that. He was over-protective. I could tell. I didn't want to have to force him to say it, so I just left it alone.

I sat down beside him, and we ate pizza in silence. We both were so hungry, and we didn't want to stop to say anything.

"I have to go get some stuff ready for tomorrow. You're free to do whatever you want." He said.

"Okay, umm, goodnight, ummm Marvin." I replied because I was way too full and tired to explore now.

"Call me dad." He said this affectionately. He then turned around and left. I let this settle in my mind.

This was actually happening. I had a dad. He really did want me unlike all my recent foster homes. I headed upstairs to my room. I took a quick shower, and fell asleep in bed to the thoughts of how my first day of actual school would be like. And a little daydreams of the pizza guy.