Sylvia..

A gun shot. Yelling. Screaming. People running in every direction. Children crying. Bodies piling up along the sides of the camp. Soldiers running around firing guns. Women praying. Men fighting back. People. People everywhere. I look around for a face I could recognize. I see none.

"Sylvia!" I yelled, looking across the camp. When I didn't see her anywhere, I ran back toward the housing. I wasn't losing another person that was important to me.

"Eliana! What are you doing here? We've got to run!" A bunk mate yelled to me.

"I have to find Sylvia!" I yelled, running back toward our bunk. All our belongings had been taken, along with the blanket and our storage of food.

"Who..." I began.

"She already left you deary. She grabbed everything with a smirk on her face. You've got to get outta here now." The older lady in our house said to me. I thought instantly that she was lieing, but the seriousness on her face made it clear she wasn't.

I ran out the door with her, glad to see someone I knew. After we opened the door, I watched the scene before me while the older lady dragged me behind her. The men were rising up, and trying to over throw the officers. The women were fighting, and grabbing supplies for the road. It was a mad dash to the fence, but somehow I had made it.

"What started all this?!" I yelled, running to keep up with her.

"I don't know. It all started happening to fast; everyone fighting back."

"We've got to hurry!"  She yelled, trying to shove past the many people trying to escape. I saw everyone around me begin to be shot down. No one was making it out of the camp alive. I saw one man make it past the fence, but he was shot as well. What was I thinking? I saw the bodies crumbling around me. We were foolish. 

I ducked to the ground, and began to let the tears fall down. I knew it was my time to die. There were 4 men I could see ahead of me that were still walking, and all of them were officers. They were flipping over bodies on the ground, checking for the dead. I saw a small group of ten women who had stayed calm during the chaos, and they were being given bread, and sent back to their room. Everyone else was dead around me. 

"Not so fast." An officer said, pulling me up from the ground.  I was alive, and I was caught.  "You're going to the incinerator."

-------look to the side for a "photo" of eliana BEFORE SHE WENT TO THE CAMP--------