Little bit of love

The door opened slowly, and as we walked in together I began to shake. But instead of leading me to the chamber, we went into a door I didn't know was there. He opened it, looked in, and linked my hand with his. After a few minutes of walking through the black hallway, he opened another door.

"This is my room." He said, pulling me inside and locking the door. It was then I started to notice things about him. He wasn't a man; he was a mere boy. He looked around eighteen; just a year older then me. But it wasn't his age that surprised me.. It was his dark brown hair, deep eyes, and olive colored skin.. The features of a Jew.

"I'm sure you're frightened. Before I explain, here." He said, handing me a bag. Inside was a towel, but not just a towel. My tunic, flats, and blue hair clip I had on when I arrived.

"Go in there and freshen up. We have time." He said, pointing to another door.

---

After my shower, I used the small mirror to fix my complexion. It had been months since I had a shower, and it felt so amazing to be clean.

When I walked out, he was sitting on his bed.

"Come here, Eliana." He said, motioning for me to come. I walked towards him, obediently. I was frightened, thinking that this officer was about to have his way with me, then kill me. What a horrible way to die.

"Come here. Closer." He called, wrapping his arms around me. 

"Who are you?" I said, searching him for answers.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten this face." He said, stroking my cheek.

--Flashback--

Aaron stroked my cheek gently. As he tried to move tears away, he continued talking.

"It's going to be okay, Eliana." He said, cradling me. I had fallen while racing him. We were young; I was twelve and he was thirteen. My leg was injured badly, but while the other kids ran away and laughed when I fell, Aaron came to my rescue.

"It hurts Aaron." I said, clutching my knee.

It was then that he picked me up, and with all his strength carried me three miles back into town to the nearest doctor. When everyone deserted me, he was there.

---Present time---

"Aaron?" I asked.

He smiled, and kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad you didn't forget me." he said, kissing my hand.

--Flashback--

Fourteen years old, I was sitting in my school's extra room. It was the last day of school, so the teachers let us go sit in the room and talk. Hannah had brought her parents' music player, and all the other girls were dancing. All except me.

Then I spotted Aaron. Handsome, and darling Aaron. When he saw me by myself, he walked over to me.

"Eliana, why aren't you dancing?" He said, smiling at me.

"I have no partner." I said, sniffling.

"Me neither. The only girl I want as my partner  is sitting right here. Please dance with me." He said, extending his hand.

After swaying slowly with him, he led me back to my seat to get my summer book, because the teachers let us leave early today.

"I hope to see you around, Ell." He said, softly kissing my hand.

--Present--

"But how did you get here?" I said, with a million questions in my head.

"I'll explain later. For now, help me pack. We're leaving tonight." He said, pulling out his large bag and setting four stacks of money inside.