Daring Escape

"Look, we need to leave." Aaron said to another officer who was blocking the door.

"It isn't safe yet. You need to wait if you want to get out of here alive." The officer said, giving him a stern glare. "Besides, what do you want with a Jew anyways? I doubt Abell well let you leave with THAT."

"She's mine. And what I want with her is my business and my business alone. Abell will let me do whatever I want. He owes me." Aaron said, pushing past the officer and leading me straight ahead.

"Aaron, calm down," I whispered, feeling his grip on my hand tighten.

"I am calm. But I'm not leaving here until I get what I deserve." He said, trying to assure me.

When we reached Abell's room, Aaron knocked on the door three times.

"Leaving so soon?" He asked Aaron, looking down on me.

"And who is this?" Abell inquired, moving his hand to touch my hair.

"She's my prize." Aaron said, growling at him.

"If you plan on leaving with her, you're mistaken. She is a Jew." He said, yanking the strands of hair he held in his hand.

"Ouch!" I said, yelling. Quickly, I turned myself to him and hugged his torso.

"If you touch her again, you will be in the incinerator." Aaron said, raising a fist to him.

"So be it. If you really want to have a Jew accompany you on your next destination, that is your choice I suppose. She must be a good play-thing for you to want her so badly." Abell said, walking out of the room. He lead the way to the end gate, and wished us a farewell.

-----------

"Aaron... I'm tired.." I said, yawning. We had been walking for a little over an hour and my feet were wore out.

"Just a little longer, Eliana. Then we'll be at a resting camp." He said, edging me forward.

It was then I saw a small light in the distance.

"Is that it?" I asked, pointing ahead.

"Yeah! Come on!" He said, running toward it. We ran as fast as we could to them. When we got closer, we saw several tents, and a huge fire crowded with officers and Jewish girls.

"What is this?" I asked Aaron, looking bewildered. An officer smiled at Aaron, and he tipped his hat to him.

"This is a couple of men I met here.. They're like us. The officers you see are the officers that got recruited to serve at the camps. They are Jews as well.. And the girls with them are girls they either met at the camp and shared their story, or even family members they saved." Aaron's face was glowing in triumph, waving at the men and their partners.

I fell asleep soon after that, with Aaron's arm wrapped around me, and the pleasant breeze outside our tent blowing softly.