Kabanata 27

Kabanata 27

Tracy

"Sigurado ka na ba sa desisyon mo?" pangatlong beses na yatang tanong ni Tina sa akin habang inilalagay ko sa duffle bag ang ilang armas na balak kong dalhin. 

"Yes," I answered in a breathy way. "This is the perfect timing."

"No, it is not." Hinawakan niya ako sa braso. "May I remind you that Levi is about to leave the territory in a few minutes with the Barrimores. Magwawala iyon oras na malaman niyang aalis ka."

Umiwas ako ng tingin saka ako humugot ng hininga. As much as I wanted to argue about the matter, I don't have enough time left. Maiintindihan din niya. Maipaliliwanag ko rin nang mas maayos lahat, but not right now. 

Isinara ko ang duffle bag. "I need to go, Ti. If you're not gonna help me, then say it."

She grunted when I stormed out of the house. There are no Deltas around because everyone was busy guarding the boarders. The security heightens around the boarders when the Alpha isn't in the city. This is my only shot. I cannot delay my plans anymore. 

"Give me your keys," asik niya.

I handed her my keys then threw the bag in the backseat. Sumakay ako sa shotgun seat habang pumasok naman siya sa driver side. She even loaded her handgun with silver bullets before she finally started the engine. 

Gone was the Tina who loves to complain. The look on my best friend's face screams protectiveness as if she's willing to lay down her life in order to protect me. 

"Just so you know, I won't just drop you off. I had better trainings compared to you so I'm coming whether you like it or not," she said with a hint of conviction. 

Bumuntonghininga na lamang ako't hindi na umalma pa. Nang umandar ang sasakyan ay inilapat ko sa aking tiyan ang aking palad. Nakabibingi ang kabog ng dibdib ko. A larger part of me is definitely scared, but I have to do this. If I wouldn't meet Rouge, then more people will surely suffer. 

I am now a Luna. The pack is my responsibility, too. Hindi lamang ako basta kabiyak ng kanilang pinuno kaya ngayon pa lang ay kailangan ko nang gawin kung ano ang nararapat. 

"Did you feel that?" I asked Tina as we crossed the boundary of Astrid and the outer district.

I saw her purse her lips before she stepped on the gas a little more. The car's speed accelerated as we drove down the road leading to the outer district of Remorse. 

"Someone's following us," she said. Hinawakan na rin niya ang kanyang baril. Naghahanda kung sakali mang mayroong umatake sa amin. 

I didn't do anything. I just kept my gaze on the road ahead while touching my belly. Whoever that is, I know it's not going to attack us. 

It just wants to make sure we'll get out of the perimeters that are still protected by the lycans of Astrid. 

"Maybe it's one of the Deltas?" Tina asked. 

Lumunok ako. "Maybe." I glanced at her. "Or maybe it's one of the omegas who submit to Rouge."

"This is a fucking suicide mission. I should've at least called Baron," she hissed. 

Muli ay nanatiling tikom ang bibig ko. She's too stressed out. I know she wouldn't pay that much attention to my reactions anymore. Dahil masyado siyang alerto sa mga kaluskos na naririnig namin sa kakahuyan. 

"Shit," asik ni Tina nang tumigil ang sasakyan. She had to start it again while we're in the middle of the dark road. 

Nilingon ko ang parte ng kakahuyang pinanggagalingan ng ingay. A pair of golden eyes illuminated from a distance, the large figure hid in the dark array of pine trees.