Trusting

Day 4
It was now morning, and the younger brother was still with his room cuddling up to his golden plush toy and looking out the window. As he looked out the window he saw many children outside having fun and playing with one another. Most of the children seemed to be around his age or a bit older.

The boy thought about family, his brother who is always so mean to him. His sister, always being the favourite and therefore never being heard, and his parents, his mother the kind and generous but never paying a tension and his father never having time for him and always doing work. This family was broken.

He thought of having friends, people who loved and cared for him everyday the saw him. People that he could always trust and feel safe with. But he gripped his bear tighter, " no one loves me, I have no friends, I don't know what to do,....help me" he whimpers to his plush bear as streams of tears run down his pale face as he stares at the children playing outside. 'I'm alone'.

***
It had been a few hours and Michael had finally come home from his little adventure.
He said goodbye to his friends and went inside the house to check on his little brother in his bedroom, to see if he was still upset from what he did before.

He opened the wooden oak door and peered inside the room to see his little brother on his bed looking very distressed towards him. At this moment, Michael had an idea. One that would be so much fun in his eyes.
"Hey little bro, sorry about before" he said while trying to hide a smile, "how about I make it up to you and take you out to get you some pizza from dad's work?" The younger brother looked into his eyes in suspicion, awkward silence. " Oh, come on little brother. It's not like anything bad is going to happen" the little boy looked at his brother again. He could see a sparkle within his eye, a mischievous sparkle of goodness knows what. But he seemed honestly sorry so reluctantly, the little boy agreed to come with his brother to the pizza shop.

The two brothers walked out of the room and started to find their way to the pizzeria. As they start walking outside the house, Michael gestures to hold his brother's hand with a smile. 'He never does this' the young boy thought, 'why is he doing this?'  With curiosity, the boy slow moves his hand to grip his brother's.

While walking they meet up with the few of Michael's friends from earlier. "What's with the kid?" One of the boys say in disgusted. "Yeah" another joins in. "We're going to have a bit of fun" he reply' s with a smile and the his friends soon follow with the same smile. The young child fearfully looked at the boys in question of what his brother meant, soon he will find out.

Soon after, they arrive at the pizzeria. The little joy lighted up on the young boy's face as he could hear party music and see the flashing lights from the outline of the main doors. They all walk in to the establishment and joy filled their eyes everywhere. The young boy was so happy.

" Before we get food, how about we played hide and seek?" Michael asked. "Yes please!" The young boy replied with a joyous smile. "Alright, go hide" he smiled as the little boy ran office into the next room. "Alright, lets just hope he goes in the room" Michael mumbled to his friends and they all gave a small grin. The boys run off into a private security room which looked more like an office. Michael turned on the monitor to see his little brother still running around different rooms to find the perfect hiding spot.

After while the small boy ran into a room which was pitch black dark and nothing could be seen inside. "Perfect" Michael explains as all the boys run out to the room where he is. "I wonder where he is" one of his friend sarcastically say in the distance to distract the boy from what the others were doing. Michael slowly and quietly closed the door and slammed the lock on tight. "Wait, what are you doing?!" The little boy says in gaining panic as he notices what's in the room with him.

Mechanical parts, electrical systems and most frighting being large exoskeletons laying across the room all staring at the one boy. Panic rushes through his mind as he remembers his nightmares of the robots murdering people and trying to get him. He run to the door, banging his fist as hard as he could trying to get the attention of anyone that can help him get out. "HELP ME!" he crys "Help!" He yells again while the boys outside could be heard laughing at what they had done.

The boy soon realised that he couldn't get out, not anytime soon at least and slowly drifted from the door to the floor where he closed his eyes and began to cry as his fears once again became close and his betrayal of his brother's kindness to him grew apparent. Things that will slowly hurt him the most. This was the final day before the party.