Late Night Snack

I was just watching YouTube videos late at night on February 15th 2014. I checked the time and it was 2:03am, I was quite surprised because last time I checked it was 10 o'clock. My tummy rumbled a bit so I finished watching my video and went down stairs to the kitchen.

When I got downstairs I noticed my dog, Blue, who was an English Mastiff, wasn't on his bed, next to the fire. 'He's probably outside' I thought to myself.

I went to the fridge and opened it to see if there was any food but to my luck, there wasn't. There was some orange juice though.

I took the jug and opened the cap and drank out of it. I then looked out my sliding glass door to try to find Blue.

I took another sip then I found Blue. He was barking at something. I was going to open the door to tell to be quiet but then I saw a dark presence coming up to him.

It was guy that I have never seen before.

He was wearing all black and had a hood over his head.

He was looking straight at me. I gulped and put the cap on the orange juice, still looking at him. He then came up to me so now all that was between us was a glass wall. Blue right behind him, still barking until the guy yelled, "SHUT UP! YOU STUPID DOG!" Then Blue suddenly became quiet but still was next to him.

The stranger brought his hand up and made a hand gesture to open the door.

I shook my head.

The guy then reached in his pocket; and pulled out a gun.

My eyes grew big.

He made the same gesture again and I shook my head again. He suddenly pointed the gun at Blue.

Just as I opened the sliding door a bang went off, my dog dropped dead, and the man ran off.

I finally screamed and dropped down to the ground.

I shook Blue trying for him to wake up, knowing it was useless but I couldn't help myself. He saved my life, so why couldn't I save his.

This is all my fault.

That was the only thing that ran through my head.

I could see where the bullet went in my dog's head. I finally stopped screaming and started to cry silently and lied my head on his chest/stomach area.

"EMMA! EMMA!" My name was being yelled by my mother who was running towards me.

When she finally got to the door she saw Blue's state in being and cried.

"This is all my fault, mom" I said to her with my voice cracking.

She shook her head. "No it wasn't honey, don't blame it on yourself." She brought me in her arms and sung me a lullaby like when I was little. We both were sitting on the filthy, wet ground, crying next to Blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N heyyyy :) if you liked this and want more please to vote and comment :)