Ch.6 Falling For You

Ch.6 (Annabelle’s POV) One Week Later

    I had not stopped thinking about that night since it happened. It was literally amazing. Even a week later as I think about it my cheek tingles where he kissed me. I got to see him today for the first time since then for Emma’s lesson.

    I go over to my dresser and run a brush through my hair, thinking about curling it. No, I would be trying too hard. I pull on my boots and head down the stairs to go see Magic. As he finishes eating his apple I hug him and give him a kiss. I learned now, more than ever before, how you never know what to tomorrow may bring.

    Joey and Emma walk in and I see Emma going right over to Thumbelina’s stall. I walk over and see that Emma is giving her a carrot.

    “Emma, go get Thumbelina’s halter from the tack room. You better hurry if you want to ride today!” Emma’s face lit up when I said this and she walks/runs to the tack room.  I see Joey has more of a concerned face.

    “Joey, She is ready and I won’t even take her off the lead today.” I give him a reassuring smile as Emma comes back with the halter. She struggles a little putting it on Thumbelina but fixes herself well.

    We all walk down the aisle to the grooming stations. I let Emma do the work so she can practice while I watch if she needs help.

    “So, Joey, are you busy this afternoon?” It was unlike me to ask someone, I barely knew, to hang out but I wanted so bad to be with Joey again.

    “Not Really, Emma is going to a friends house after the lesson. Why what did you have in mind?” Joey asks.

    “Well I am going to go on a trail ride with Magic later and was wondering if you would maybe want to come?” I braced myself for rejection. What was I thinking he had better things to do then go with me.

    “Annabelle, I’m not very good at riding.. I have only been twice..” He said.

    “I will give you a horse that knows the trails, you will be fine.” I said. Now I feel like I am begging him to come!

    “Well.. Okay!” I was so happy to hear him say that he would go that I almost hugged him, but held back.

    “I will pack a lunch and we can eat on the trail.” I said and then went back to watching Emma. She was very good with Thumbelina. Now if only I could focus on work instead of my “lunch date” with Joey.

One Hour Later:

    “Very good Emma! Keep your heels down!” Emma was walking around on Thumbelina while on a lunge line. The smile had not left her face since she got on and Joey’s face had never looked more concerned.

    “Okay Emma, The lesson is over! make sure you brush out Thumbelina before you go though.” I say. Emma looks disappointed but happy she could still spend a little extra time with Thumbelina before she left.

    “I have to take Emma to her friends house but I will be back in probably twenty minutes.” Joey said and gave me a smile.

    “Okay, that gives me enough time to get the horses ready to go.” I smile back at him and go over to help Emma with Thumbelina.

20 Minutes Later: (Joey’s POV)

    “Annabelle are you sure about this?” I look down to the ground from up on the mounting block and my stomach churns.

    “Of Course I am. Hank here is older and has done so many trail rides before.” She pats Hank’s neck and continues to hold the bridle so he doesn’t move as I mount. I put my foot in the stirrup and swing my other leg over the saddle.