Ch.12 Over?

Ch.12 (Annabelle’s POV)

    I wake up with a massive headache and squint as I open my eyes. I am in my apartment above the barn but in my clothes that I wore last night. I look around for Caroline but she isn’t here. I get up and walk over to my dresser to get my phone. I check to see what I have for messages. One is from Caroline.

    Hey, I had to leave early for an appointment to meet Adrian for some wedding stuff, I will text you later.

    I also see on the phone that there are some missed calls from Joey. I would have to go see him today. I decided I wanted to work things out with Joey and give him a chance to explain himself. Maybe it wasn’t how it looked.

    I text Joey that I would be at his house in an hour or so and that we needed to talk. Then I take some Advil and go shower.

(Tiffany’s POV)

    It had been a couple days since the hick had contacted Joey, I hope she has finally given up. I always got what I wanted and I wanted Joey, well I wanted his fame and money. If I had to deal with a kid to get that then so be it. Joey’s phone on the table vibrated. I picked it up and saw he had a message from Annabelle. I opened it.

    Joey, we need to talk, be there in about an hour.

    I immediately delete the message. I hear Joey come down the stairs and I put the phone back where it was.

    “Hi, Joey.” I say sweetly. He picks up his phone and puts it in his pocket.

    “Hi Tiffany. I am going out to do some errands, are you okay watching Emma?” He asks. This was perfect.

    “No problem at all! See you in a bit.” I say. Joey walks out the door to the garage. Emma was still asleep, So I would make sure that when Annabelle came over today she would know Joey was with me.

(Annabelle’s POV)

    I pulled up infront of Joey’s house. I was nervous to see what he was going to say. Would he deny it? Would he just tell me it’s over? I got out of my truck, walked to the front door and rang the bell. I was expecting to see Joey, I know he is on his phone a lot so I figured he got the message. What I saw was unbelievable.

    I saw Tiffany, that wasn’t shocking, I knew she was staying there for a while. It was what she was wearing. All she she had on was one of Joey’s long shirts and underwear. She looked like she had just rolled out of bed with him.

    “Can I help you?” Tiffany said like I interrupted something. I was in complete shock.

    “Is Joey here?” I asked even though I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear what he had to say.

    “Umm.. he’s here but he’s not presentable…” Tiffany says with a smirk on her face. I didn’t respond I just turned around and walked back to my truck, I heard the door shut behind me. How could this have happened? I drove to a coffee shop that was near his house. It was over with Joey.

    When I got there I walked in and went up to the man behind the counter.

    “Can I have a small hot chocolate and do you by any chance have a piece of paper?” I ask. I ordered the hot chocolate because I never did like coffee but I didn’t want to sit in the cafe with nothing.

    “Sure, I have a piece of paper.” I was handed my hot chocolate and a piece of paper so I went and sat down at a small table. This is what I wrote.

    Dear Joey,

        I don’t think this is working out anymore. The last thing I want to do is get in the way of a family and let’s be honest, I never was like all your other girlfriends. We never fit together. I hope things work out between you and Tiffany. Also I will have my barn manager cancel your lessons, you will get a full refund. I’m sorry Joey, but this is the last time you will hear from me. Don’t try to contact me, I won’t answer, I just want a clean break. Good luck with your life Joey.

                                                                                              Former Psychopath,

                                                                                                  Annabelle

    I didn’t feel angry about what happened or sad really, I knew that they were a family and this would make it easier on both of us. I folded up the paper and put it in my pocket. I drove back to Joey’s house, I parked outside of it for the last time. I wrote “Joey” on the folded paper then walked to his mailbox and set it inside.

(Joey’s POV)

    I got home from doing errands and went to go get the mail. when I picked it up a folded peice of paper fell to the ground. I went to pick it up and saw that all it had on it was my name. I set the other letter’s down to unfold it. I read it all the way through.

    I quickly picked up my phone and called Annabelle to receive no answer. I wasn’t surprised. Why would she think Tiffany and I are together. We had become friends in the past week but nothing more. There were still feelings there but there were feeling there for Annabelle too! I didn’t know whether to go with her wishes and not contact her or try to go find her. I just didn’t know what I wanted to do.