Ch.13 Missed Calls

Ch.13 (Annabelle’s POV)

    When I got home from giving Joey the letter, I felt upset yet relieved. I felt relieved because I knew that a family was supposed to be together and that I had probably done the right thing by backing off. I wish it could have ended differently or I had found out differently though. I still felt upset because a big part of my life was over. It would hurt to much to continue to watch his videos, or other youtubers’ videos. There was always a chance he could show up in one and I really just wanted a clean break.  

    I knew he would more than likely try to contact me so I told Mia and texted Caroline that I was going to go back home early for her wedding, then turned off my phone. I had already taken the time off before her wedding so I was just extending it a little. I knew that when I didn’t answer my phone, Joey would show up at the barn, If he still cared at all. Maybe it was a relief to him that I ended things, One more thing he didn’t have to worry about. I needed to get away anyway, I had to think my life over.

    I went to the tack room to get Magic’s tack and load it into the trailer. I was hoping to leave tomorrow morning, I couldn’t get away fast enough.

(Joey’s POV)

    I wake up and remember that last night I decided I was going to go see Annabelle myself. I walk downstairs and tell Tiffany to watch Emma as I go to town. Then I walk out the door and to the car to drive there.

    When I get there I notice that it looks like something is missing in the parking lot but I ignore the feeling a go inside to look around. I go to Magic’s stall but he isn’t there. I then go to the arena and she isn’t there either. Finally I go into the office and ask Mia where Annabelle is.

“Hey Mia, sorry to bother you but do you know where I could find Annabelle?” I ask.

    “Oh, she has gone back home for about 3 weeks, it is for her friend, Caroline’s, wedding.” She answers.

I guess there wasn’t much I could do now. I guess she really just doesn’t want to be with me anymore. I would keep calling but I had a feeling this was really the end.

(Annabelle’s POV) That Evening

I had just pulled into a hotel and honestly, I thought that ending this wouldn’t hurt as much as it does. I give Magic his hay bag for the night and go into the hotel to make reservation. It wasn’t a great hotel but as I walked in I did notice they had a bar. I wasn’t much of a drinker but I wasn’t really tired and a drink sounded nice.

After I made the reservation and put my suitcase in my hotel room, I went down to the bar and ordered a drink. I drank the first one pretty fast and got another, with that one I just sipped and stirred the straw around in it. I turned on my phone even though I told myself I wouldn’t and saw I had three missed calls from Joey. I had a text message from Caroline and she was excited I would be there earlier to help with the wedding and she thought it would be good for me to get away. I finished my drink and headed back upstairs to my hotel room.

When I got up to my room I wasn’t in the mood to turn on the Television or go on the computer. I just sat in the chair by the window and watched cars go by. I shouldn’t be so upset about Joey, I ended things but I really wished I hadn’t, It was probably the drinks.

I took out my phone and looked at the missed calls again. It sounded crazy but I just wanted to hear his voice. If I hadn’t had the drinks I would never have done what I did next. I put my phone on private and dialed Joey’s number. It began to ring and I held my breath. On the third ring he picked up.

“Hello?” He said in a sleepy tone. I didn’t say anything, I didn’t want him to know that I called him.

“Hello?” He says again, sounding a little more awake and confused. I hung up the phone. It comforted me just to hear his voice one last time. I turned my phone off again incase he thought it was me and would try to call back. Then I go get into bed and go to sleep thinking of Joey.