Ch.19 I Do

Ch.19 (Annabelle’s POV) Wedding Day

I was sitting on a small couch in a room waiting for the wedding to start. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I am so nervous, but the good kind. I wanted to be with Joey forever.

I got up to pace the room, I couldn’t sit still. I walk by the mirror but stop, I couldn’t even recognize myself. The dress was amazing, it had a sweetheart neckline that went down into a ball gown shape with a pick up skirt.  It also had sleeves on the upper parts of my arm, almost like Belle’s dress from The Beauty and The Beast. My long, brown hair was in a braid to one side but it had many curls and little green and white flowers in it, like from Tangled. I lifted up the bottom of the skirt to look at my shoes. I had bought white heels for the occasion, I wanted Joey to be proud standing next to me. He had let me plan the wedding any way I wanted and do it anywhere I wanted. So the heels were for him.

I smooth down my dress for about the 100th time that day. I hear someone coming from down the hall. I figured it would be one of the bridesmaids but surprisingly the footsteps stop outside my door and don’t come in. I turn to look, maybe I was hearing things?

“Annabelle?” I hear Joey’s voice outside the door.

“Joey?” I say confused.

“Yeah! Can I come in?” He asks.

“No Joey! It’s bad luck to see a bride before the wedding!” I say.

“Oh, fine!” He says and stomps away.

What was all that about? Maybe I should have let him in… I hope he didn’t figure out my surprise! I heard a knock at the door.

“Joey! That isn’t going to work!” I tell him through the door.

“Actually, it’s Shane! Can I come in?” I rush over to the door and open it for him. I realize he is holding my boots in his hand.

“Is everything set up?” I ask him.

“Yeah that's all taken care of, actually Joey sent me up here to give you these.” He hands me the boots. “..and this.” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded piece of paper.

“Okay, thank you Shane.” I say.

“No problem Annabelle, you look beautiful tonight by the way. Treat Joey good for me, He has been through a lot.” Shane says

“Thank you Shane, I will do my best.” I tell him. He walks out the door and closes it behind him. I set my boots down on the floor and unfold the note.

Dear Annabelle,

    I heard you were wearing heels for me tonight. Don’t, It is not who you are, I want to marry the Annabelle I know. If you aren’t wearing those boots when you walk down that aisle I am not marrying you. I know you don’t like them ethier.

P.S. I’ll be checking!

    Forever Yours,

        Joey

I laugh at the note he couldn’t be serious. Could he? At that moment Caroline walked in. She is wearing a long dark green dress with a sweetheart neckline.

“Why the weird look?” She asks me.

“Um, I just got the weirdest note from Joey. He had Shane send up my boots and this note.” I hand her the note and wait for her to read it.

“I don’t see the problem, you always wanted to wear boots on your wedding day.” She was right.

“I did but Joey has made this my dream wedding right down to the flower petals. I thought he would want at least something for himself.” I said.