Chapter 1

Flashback 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Daytona

"Dani come on the Nationwide race is going to be fun." I looked up at my friend Ryan Blaney who was standing in front of me.

"Why would I want to go to the Nationwide race Ryan? I don't even know anyone." I replied as I watched the trailer door open.
"Because who doesn't love watching a race at Daytona." my friend Morgan replied as she walked in. "Hey Ryan."
"Yeah Jasmine  who doesn't love watching racing at Daytona?" Ryan repeated.
I sighed before responding. "Fine since both of you keep complaining, I will go." I replied as I got up. "Now if you don't mind I am going to go find Ashton."
"Wait for us." Morgan replied as herself and Ryan followed me out of the trailer.

Morgan and I had been best friends ever since elementry school. Ryan and I grew up at the racetrack since both of our dads were drivers, and yes even though my real name is Jasmine, Ryan has always been and is the only one who calls me by my middle name Danielle "Dani" don't ask me why I have no clue. That's right Ryan's dad is Dave Blaney and well my dad is the driver of the 24 AARP Cheverolet for Hendrick Motorsports. That's right my dad is Jeff Gordon.

"Trevor where is your fiance who told me to come and find her." I said as I spotted my good friend Trevor Bayne.
"Umm she is somewhere I just don't know where. She was talking to Danica." he replied.
"T-Bayne you are absolutely no help at all." Morgan replied.
"Well I am sorry." Trevor replied sarcastically.
Ryan and I laughed as we turned the corner. Just as we did I happened to run into someone. I looked up to see an attractive guy standing in front of me. "I am sorry I wasn't paying attention."
"Its all good." he replied before looking at Ryan. "Ry, whats up?"
"Whats going on Chase." Ryan replied. "Ready for your first Nationwide race?"
"Kind of, its going to be fun and nerve wrecking fun hopefully fun." he replied as he looked back at me. "You look familiar."
I looked up at him to get lost in his eyes. I was tongue tied that's when I heard Ryan speak up. "Chase this is Jasmine Gordon, Jeff Gordon's oldest daughter."
"Oh that's why she looks familiar." he replied. "I think we use to hang out when we were younger."
"Wait what?" Morgan asked.
"My dad is Bill Elliott, Jeff Gordon and him are friends." he replied.

I could tell he was going to say something else when I heard someone say my name. "Yo Jasmine!" I turned around to see Trevor standing next to Ashton.
"Hey look Trevor found Ashton lets go amigos." Morgan said as she turned and started to walk towards them.
"You girls go ahead I am going to hang out with Chase for a little bit." Ryan replied nudging me.
"Okay." I replied before turning my attention back to Chase. "I'll see you around." I smiled at Ryan before turning to catch up with Morgan.
"You will see her later she is coming to the Nationwide race even if I have to drag her to the track for it." Ryan smirked as I looked back and gave him a look as the two of them smiled.

"Are you ready for lunch girl?" Ashton asked as I approached them.
"Absolutely, I obviously have to eat something before the race." I replied as Trevor nodded his head.
"Okay lets go." Morgan replied as she started to walk with Trevor and Ashton not far behind. I began to walk and for some reason I happened to look back to see Chase watching us walk away.

I had a strange feeling come over me and I had no idea how to explain it. I guess I would have to wait and find out.