Chapter 4

Present (Dawsonville, Georgia)
I was woken up by someone kissing me. I slowly opened my eyes to see my boyfriend of 3 years laying beside me smiling.
"Morning to you too." I replied yawning and rolling over to face him.
"Sleep well?" he asked.
"Yeah were are the dogs?" I asked looking around the bed. That's when I heard the howling and barking coming from outside the window. "They sound like they are having fun." I added as I sat up.
A while later we were both out in the kitchen. "Just think you only have a few more weeks before we are down in Daytona for the 2017 Daytona 500."
"I know its going to be fun my second full time season in the 24. Its going to be fun not being a rookie." Chase replied. "Hey your dogs want in." he replied pointing at the door.
"Hey now two of them are mine two of them are yours." I replied getting up and letting our dogs in. "Midnight come on." I said looking at our 5 month old Chow Chow. "Midnight no not in the mud."
"She is defiantly your dog stubborn like you." Chase smirked. "She better not be covered in mud."
"Your lucky I got her before she decided to roll in it." I replied holding on to her. "And what are you talking about she is your dog. You picked her out." I watched as Chase came and grabbed her from me. "My two dogs are the good ones."
Chase and I had been living together a little over a year now. I missed living in Charlotte but I will admit Dawsonville is a gorgeous little town. We have a small house big enough for us two and our four dogs. A Chow Chow named Midnight, a Golden Retriever named Shadow, a German Shepherd named Zia,  and an American Bulldog named Chance.
"Hey now Zia is a great dog." Chase said looking at his 4 year old German Shepherd. "Midnight just likes being a pain."
"Shadow and Chance need to put her in her place." I joked glancing over at my 6 year old Golden Retriever and my 2 year old American Bulldog.

Few weeks later (Daytona Beach, FL)
"Morgan!" I shouted as I spotted her.
"Hey girl!" she exclaimed back as we hugged.
"Geez you two act like you have never seen each other." Ryan said as he watched us.
"We don't see each other often." I replied as Morgan and I hooked arms.
"Oh yeah cause you and Chase didn't spend anytime with us over the off season." Ryan sarcastically said.
"Ry, you will understand one day that when girls are apart they get excited to see each other." Morgan replied.
"Ry trust me I don't understand it either." Chase said walking up.
"Either do I." Ryan replied. "Here lets be them." we watched as Ryan started hanging on Chase as he tried to act like Morgan and I.
"You do know you both just went from extremely hot to absolute dorks." Morgan replied.
"Yeah we know." Chase replied kissing my check. "Well us two have to go talk to our teams. You two have fun."
"Don't have too much fun without us." Ryan replied walking away with Chase right next to him.
"No promises." I replied.
"We will probably have more fun with out you two." Morgan jokingly said as Ryan and Chase both looked back and shook their heads.
"How did we get so lucky?" Morgan asked.
"I have no clue." I replied smiling.

That was the question how did we get this lucky. All I knew it was defiantly not that easy.