Chapter 5

Flashback Phoenix 2014
"Hey what's up?" I asked as I walked up behind Chase.
"Hey, look at you sunglasses, sandals, shorts, tank top." Chase said as we smiled at each other.
"I mean it is gorgeous here in Phoenix. Might as well dress like its nice." I replied. "Especially since I know its still cold in other states we are going to be going to in the next couple of weeks."
"That's very true." Chase replied as we started walking towards the trailers from the nationwide garage.
"So how is the car?" I asked facing him.
"It's good I think it just needs a few adjustments and it will be real good." he replied.
"All I know is I better get to say I am besties with a NASCAR Nationwide Series winner very soon." I added looking at him.
"You will be hopefully." he said before all of a sudden getting a different persona about him.
"What?" I asked as I knew something had changed.
"Speaking of adjustments." he started off before taking a deep breath in. "Maybe we should start adjusting our relationship."
"What are you talking about?" I asked before getting a look from him.
"You know what I mean." he said walking up to me.
"Chase we can't." I quietly said.
"Why not?" he replied back quietly while not taking his eyes off of me.
"Your with Kaylee. And she already told me to stay away from you. She actually pretty much told me that if I stayed away from you her and I wouldn't have any issues and I would like to keep it that way " I said as I back up away from him.
"Why does it matter what she says?" I was taken back by the way he was talking. "Kaylee thinks I shouldn't have friends that are girls. And to be honest I don't care what she thinks of you and I are hanging out." he replied taking steps towards me.
"Chase its." I was once again stopped.
"Jasmine listen to me!" Chase exclaimed raising his voice which is something I had never experienced.
"If I didn't feel something for you I never would of kissed you in the first place."
"Chase that's not what I am saying its just..." I was once again interrupted.
"Just forget I said anything about it." he snapped before turning around.
"Chase. Don't do this." I pleaded.
"I am not doing anything. It's fine it was wrong to kiss you and I am sorry." he replied quietly that's when he faced. "When you realize that I am trying to put on a good face for my so called perfect relationship is a hoax let me know. And once you realize that you might actually have feelings for me since I was not the only one behind that kiss, you know where to find me." I watched as he turned around and walked away.

I had never seen him like this, but what he didn't know is that I could tell that he was trying hard to put on a show for his relationship, and I defiantly wasn't complaining about the kiss. But the most important thing that he did not know was I wanted him to be mine and I wanted to be his.