Chapter 3

The Race
I was standing with the 9 crew, I was trying to find Ryan and Morgan with no luck when I felt a presence walk up behind me. I didn't have to guess I knew who it was.
"Jas hey, I'm sorry about what almost happened." I turned around to face him.
"Chase its fine." I replied grabbing his arm. That's when I saw a girl walk up behind Chase giving me a look.
"Huh what's this?" the girl asked as I removed my hand from his arm.
"Kaylee this is Jasmine Gordon. She's Jeff Gordon's oldest daughter." Chase said. "This is my...."
"I'm his girlfriend." she snapped at me.
"I will be right back I am going to talk to my crew." Chase replied as he turned around and walked away.
"Well its nice to me...." I was trying to say before I was interrupted.
"Stay away from Chase." Kaylee said.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"You heard me stay away from my boyfriend and we won't have any issues." she snapped back at me.
That's when Chase walked up. "Ready?" he asked as Kaylee nodded her head. I stood there before Chase noticed. "Jas are you coming?"
I looked at Kaylee who was giving me a dirty look. "No Junior is in the race I think I am going to go hang out with Aimee. I'll see you around." I said as I moved passed him.

Race
The race was pretty intense it was alot of fun being able to see Junior race and hang out with Aimee, and I guess you can saw the two of is were having alot of fun since her, Ashton, Morgan, Brittany, Samantha, and Ryan were all in a group chat texting back and forth with one another. Even though poor Ryan was the one getting picked on the most.
There were some more big wrecks and I was happy to see that Chase, Trevor, and Junior all made it through the wrecks.
When I thought maybe the race would end nicely a big wreck happened Trevor was able to make it throw to finish 3rd while Chase finished 15 and Junior finished 11.
I got down from Juniors pit box and congratulated him. When I looked over I saw Chase, I was going to walk over to congratulate him. That's when he caught my eye and locked our gazes on one and other. That's when Kaylee also looked over at me. I quickly moved my gaze away from him and turned and left.

That Night
I wanted time to be alone so I went to the place Chase had showed me. I was standing there when I heard someone walk up. "Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?"
"Probably." he quietly replied.
"Then why aren't you?" I questioned not facing him.
"Because there is someone else." he replied. "Someone who isn't a complete jerk to others."
"Chase you don't even know me that well." I quietly replied.
"I know you better than you know." he replied as I sensed him walk up behind me.
The next thing I knew was his arm was once again wrapped around my waist and I was leaning against him just like we were before. I glanced up before looking back down but it wasn't going to happen. As I attempted to look away from him, his other hand gently grabbed my chin and the next thing I knew was our lips were touching and we were kissing. We pulled away and all we could do is smile at each other. We both turned and faced the ocean and watched the sunset.

I knew what was happening in this moment was wrong but it felt right.