Not over you

Finn watched as she snored softly over the background music. She was probably so tired and Finn felt guilty. He was the reason she was hear at this dumb teenage party, surrounded by drunk or high teens, in the middle of nowhere.

She tossed and turned in her sleep as Finn watched for hours. He went over to place the blanket back on top of her whenever she pushed it off.

More hours pass and Millie opened her eyes in shock. What happened?, Millie thought as she got up and rubbed her eyes.

The different colored party lights blinded her softly as she took a sight of the room she was in. Her eyes glanced past cups and teenagers to the one person she was looking for. He was perched on a chair, admiring from afar.

"How was your beauty rest, Sleeping Beauty?" Finn chuckled to himself lightly when she flipped him off.

"Don't call me that." Millie answered groggily,"And what the hell happened?"

Finn looked down, he didn't want to look at her face, it made him break down.

"I.... I can't explain..." Finn shook his head, not daring to look up.

"Well I have all the time in the world." Millie tried to make a joke but it didn't sound right in this place, in this situation.

"No I really can't tell you..." Finn murmured making Millie give him a sad stare.

"Why?" Millie asked.

"Because I can't." Finn looked up at her finally and he knew what he was going to see. A broken-faced angel.

"Well can I at least ask why I am here?" She tried to avoid his state but she simply failed.

"It's really not big of a deal." Finn looked at her expression, this time it was pained.

"What do you mean? I'm not a big deal?" Millie was mad now. She demanded an explanation and she deserved one.

"No I'm not saying that, it's just-" Finn got interrupted by Millie,"Then why the hell am I here?"

"It's for your safety." Finn stared at her with a little bit of sadness in those dead eyes of his.

"I really can't explain further because I don't know how... It's complicated..." Finn shrugged.

"Then why were you mad?" Millie asked, she was so confused.

"Because you don't remember what happened." Finn said with hurt in his voice. 

"Why does it matter if I remember, just tell me!" Millie threw her hands up into the air.

"Because I almost died getting you here Millie. I don't know why you forgot everything that we've been through. We've been through everything and you don't give a damn if I'm hurt or not. You just care about you!" Finn yelled, throwing a beer bottle at the wall. It shattered and splattered on the floor making a huge boom.

Millie cringed away from the sound and Finn's angry face.

"I'm sorry... I don't know, no matter how much I force myself... I don't know..." Millie broke down into tears. She just couldn't help it anymore, she was scared and confused and nobody was giving her answers, even though she was already suppose to know them.

Finn felt bad. He got up and went over to her. He hesitatingly kissed Millie's forehead scared he'd shocked her.

"I'm sorry. I'll explain..." Finn took a deep breath and handed her a phone. She turned it on and Finn instructed her to go to the videos.

There was only one video in the file.

Finn got up and left Millie curious and even more confused. She pressed on the little play button and the video took full screen. It was Finn who was holding a uke, his smile lit up the whole screen and Millie felt her heart warm up.

The video starts:

"So um... Millie if you're watching this then I wanted to explain why I've been caught up about you... I doubt that you'll ever see this video since you're in deep sleep, duh, coma,but I wanted to explain...

"I know that we were something special, in fact so special that it took over our lives, it controlled our lives and I wanted to say that you mean everything to me. No matter what our friends say, I love you. They might not appreciate that I'm obsessed over a girl that may never wake up again but they don't know how I feel...

Millie smiled, Finn was adorable with his beanie on and his goofy smiled... This video was probably years ago.. The setting was probably his room since there was a ton of band posters stuck on the wall. 

"I just wanted to sing something, it's really short but it's true about what I always felt about you. And it'll be the way I feel about you forever...

Finn starts strumming the strings of his uke, it had a purple bow on it. That was Millie's favorite color back then.

"If you ask me how I'm doin'
I would say I'm doin' just fine
I would lie and say that you're not on my mind
But I go out
And I sit down
At a table set for two
And finally I'm forced to face the truth
No matter what I say
I'm, not over you..

Millie smiled as she heard his voice, it was beautiful and sweet and Millie loved it.

She knew the song and it was one of her favorites.

In the last seconds of the video, Finn winked and said bye. Just as the video ended Finn came and sat down by Millie.

"It's true... I'll never be over you..."

Oooooooooooo.
Hmmmmmmmmm... Are you confused?!? If yes then I'm doing my job right. I'm sorry if it takes me absolutely forever to update. Life sucks for me. I hope you like this a lot. It was amazing to write. Tune in next time to read more!