Colors

"Your life was full of..." Finn trailed off, thinking of the perfect word,"Colors."

"Really?" Millie asked.

"Yeah before the coma and everything." Finn shrugged and took a sip of beer. 

Millie never thought her life was good even before or now. But she can't tell since she forgot everything.

"Look I'm not completely sober but you have to believe me on that." He reached for her hand which she quickly placed on his. He stared at it for a quick moment and blushed,"I was with you for like 3 quarters of it."

"Go into more detail then." Millie held his hand tighter.

"I met you at summer. We both moved in across each other at the same week. You were practically the girl next door but more like the girl across the street since you lived exactly across the street from me.

"I've had the biggest crush on you. I used to like other girls in my old school but of course they weren't anything like you. I just had the sudden need to talk to you and be attached to you the moment we met. I didn't know it was love yet because I was only 13 and you were just 12...

"Our parents just thought of us like brother and sister since you know the small age gap. But to me it didn't really matter.

"That year I started to read Paper Towns by John Green. It was amazing and one of the characters slightly reminded me of you."

Millie knew who it was. Somehow the answer just popped into her brain and... It felt weird. She interrupted Finn before he can even get a word out,"Margo Roth Speigelman, right?"

Finn gave her a slightly confused and slightly delighted face,"Yes..." He nodded and continued,"And I thought I was Quentin of course. I was so much alike him. At the same time we started to act more and more like them that it was just so... Unrealistically amazing..."

Millie knew Quentin too. Somehow it was just buried in the back of her head, hidden from plain sight until heard of.

"Damn, we even called ourselves paper people." Finn chuckled, glancing at Millie.

"Tell me more." Millie urged on.

"We didn't start to go out until you were 15. You felt like you didn't want to be forced into a relationship that young. And of course I wasn't forcing you but sometimes it happens to feel like that.

"We had amazing friends. They were kick-ass people and they would do anything for us. Absolutely anything." Finn stopped, he remembered those sad faces that he left his friends with.

"Let me take a guess, Sadie, Gaten, and Caleb, right?" Millie said out of the blue. She didn't even know the names until she just said it. But somehow she felt like she dreamt about them before. Hell, she already knew their faces. Dreams, just dreams, Millie thought to herself.

"How the hell do you remember all of a sudden?" Finn asked, shocked.

"I don't know. I felt like I dreamt about them. I already know their faces." Millie answered honestly.

"Wow." That was all Finn could say.

"Carry on." Millie urged.

"Yeah, our friends were pretty awesome. We went to so many places with them and we had adventures and it was great." Finn stopped and thought about what to say next,"But life wasn't always like that. Our colors sometimes faded to black and white then back but only for a short amount of time."

"What happened?" Millie asked.

"It's nothing important and you'll find out later." Finn had hurt in his face but Millie let that one pass.

"Oh and we both had a passion for music." Finn tried to sound happy but failed.

"Yeah... Ukes and cute teachers right?" Millie asked.

"Yeah Ms. Dodie and Mr. Jon. They were amazing and so passionate about music. It's what they love and we loved it also. We would always go to their place to practice and learn and they just kind of treated us like we were their own siblings. They were still very young though."

"Wow." Millie nodded. Finn just gave her a side look in return.

"Finn how old am I?" Millie asked out of the blue.

"You're 18 years old Mills." Finn answered.

"Okay." Millie nodded.

"And how old are you?" Millie asked.

"I'm 19." Finn almost looked ashamed for saying it.

"What's your favorite color?" Millie tried to ask as much questions as possible.

"Whatever yours is. But I focus on you too much to even think about it." Finn held her hand tighter.

"My favorite color is... Well I don't have one." Millie noticed awkwardly.

"Then I don't have one either." Finn chuckled. 

Finally updated. I should update more but I'm really lazy soooooo I'll try. I hope you guys are less confused but I doubt it. Oh whale... Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll see you in the next update!💜