Five

After he left the house I went to my room and I have been laying on my bed since. It's now 7 and I've decided that I was going to find out what happened.

So I got my lazy but out of bed and I changed back into jeans and pulled my hair into a ponytail. I slipped on my sneakers and made my way across the street. I hadn't even knocked on the door before it was thrust open and I was tackled into a hug.

"Charlie! It's been so long! Do you know what happened with Aiden earlier? He just came running through. Would you like some brownies, dear?"

"No thank you. Is he in his room?"

"Of course! Tell me if you need anything!" I nod and head upstairs to his room. Up 12 steps to the left, last door on the right. Crazy how I still remember that. I didn't bother knocking I just barged in causing him to practically leap out of his skin. He stood up.

"What are you doing here?" I closed the door and plopped down on his bed.

"Why did you kiss me?"

"I wanted to know what it was like"

"Why?"

"Because I think your reactions are funny" I didn't expect that low blow to hurt as much as it had. I felt my eyes watering up so I got up and walked to the door.

"I see how it is." I left the house. By the time I was at the front door the tears were freely falling down my face. I rushed across the street while Aiden's mom stood at the door yelling "Are you okay? What happened?" I slammed open the door only to run into the chest of my brother. I collapsed in his arms and began sobbing into his shirt.

"Char? Shh... It's alright. It'll be okay." He lead me to my room and comforted me until I calmed down enough to tell him what happened.

"Why are you here?" I asked as soon as I knew my voice would be steady.

"I missed you?" I glared at him.

"For real."

"Fine. I accidentally crashed my buddy's car and set his oven on fire." I laughed.

"Are you serious?"

"Totally" he smiled down at me. Me and my brother are extremely close and it's really nice. But he's only like this when I'm upset. It's kind of frustrating.

Aiden's POV

She ran from my room. Why did I say that? I punched my wall. God, now she hates me! I sit on the edge of my bed and grab my hair in fists. My mom enters my room but I don't have to look up to know she's standing there with her hands on her hips and her famous 'got something to tell me?' look.

"Charlie just ran out of the house crying, you going to tell me what's going on?" I looked up at my mom from between my hands.

"She was crying?" I ask. Shit! I never knew it would hurt her. If it hurt her... She likes me!

"Yes, now spit it boy."

"I kissed her-"

"You what?"

"Let me finish!" I yelled and my mom remained silent. "I kissed her and then I left. She came here to know why. I told her that I liked the way she reacted. I'm so stupid. I wasn't ready to tell her how I felt. It would've messed everything up but now I know she likes me. Ugh!" I spit out.

"I think you need a plan." My says after a few minutes of silence and for the rest of the hour we spend it talking about ways to get Char back.