Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ross’s POV

The doctor said I was gonna be fine. The police officer was fired. Talia and I broke up last week. We haven’t talked much. We run into each other every once and awhile but we don’t really talk. Rydel has been really supportive.

“Rydel I’m gonna go see Laura. Be back soon.” I said heading to the door.

“Ross… You have been too Laura’s a lot the past few days. You ok?” Rydel asked running in the room.

“Only 5 times.” I said. I looked down at the door knob.

“It’s only Tuesday. This started yesterday.”

“It’s not weird.” I said

“No… but is clingy.” She said. “Look Ross…” I interrupted her.

“Rydel I don’t want to do this right now.” I said walking out the door.

I walked out and Talia was walking towards the door. She stopped and looked right at my eyes. She moved her mouth a little and just looked at the ground. Her hair was in a side french braid. She was wearing a blue dress with blue converse. (Picture to the side.) She looked up and stopped at my eyes.

“I-I’m Sorry to bother you… but… uh…. I wanted to return your… Um… leather jacket.” she said. I noticed the jacket in her hands.

“Oh… no… Um.. You can keep i-it.” I looked at it.

“Oh.. Ok.” She turned around and walked to her car.

I walked over to mine and opened the door and got in. I watched her drive off. Rydel come running out with a leather jacket.

“Rydel what are you doing?” I asked rolling down the window.

“I thought you might want to give a leather jacket to your other girlfriend?” She said

“Rydel!” I said

“Sorry.” She walked away. I headed to Laura’s and realized what I was doing. I turned around and texted Laura that something came up.

I got home and walked into the kitchen to see my dad and Marc talking about the break up and what they could do to fix it.

“Ross. We were just talking about you.” My dad said.

“Give it up guys. There is clearly nothing we can do. Plus we ran into each other earlier and could barely say one sentence.” I said grabbing a lemonade out of the fridge and turning to them.

“Ross you can’t give up on her. She is just like that after break ups.” Marc said.

“I’m not giving up. I’m just keeping my distance.” I said

“Maybe try and talk to her every once and a while.” dad said.

“Dad. Marc. I can’t.” I said

“Why?” Marc asked.

“Just leave me ALONE!” I yelled.

I ran out. I sat on the couch in the basement. I looked over at the picture of Talia on the table. I walked over to it. Picked it up and through it at the wall. The frame shattered like my heart did. The picture was covered in glass.

“Ross?” Riker said coming down the stairs.

My head was against the wall.

“Why would you smash the picture?” He asked.

“I hate this.” I said turning to face my brother.

“Ross?” I turned and saw Talia.

“I will leave you be.” Riker walked away.

“Hey.” I said. She looked at the picture frame. I guess it’s actually shattered glass.

“Sorry. I didn’t know.” She said pointing at the glass.

“I’m not mad.. at you.” I said getting quieter.

“Oh Ross.” She walked over and put her hands on my shoulders. I looked at them. “Sorry.” She removed her hands. She put her hand on her arm.

“It’s fine.” I said.

“This was a mistake. I’m sorry.” She said and ran up the stairs.

“Talia!! No WAIT!!” I yelled. I punched the wall and made a huge hole. “DAMN!!”

A/N this is what it is like for the broken couple. Sorry it's sad! What is Mark and Marc gonna do about it! Keep reading to find out! Comment and vote!