A Romance.

There is always one thing that you can find really romantic in your parent relationship. Whether it because how they act and communicate, or just because how the see each other’s eyes. But, for me the thing that fascinated me the most is the bouquet on my mother’s vanity. It shows how much my father still makes an effort to make her happy. That is the symbol of how romantic my parent is. The bouquet of roses on my mother’s vanity.

Every 27th of the month, you can always find a bouquet of roses on my mother’s vanity. It always there in the corner near the makeup stash that she has. Beautifully keep in a medium size of glass vase. My father has given it to her since their first date. And who am I kidding, it’s already been more than 20 years since they married.

The bouquet of roses is always the white roses. Some might say that it is boring for my mother always gets the white ones, but the story behind it is a romantic one. My father said one afternoon in our backyard that it was how he saw my mom. The white petals reminded him of how pure my mother was. The distinct smells that the white roses produce reminded him how innocence my mother acted. White roses were clearly a reincarnation in another form of my mom, he said.

My father loves my mother dearly. I dare to say he will love her forever. And the 8 stems in her bouquet of roses on my mother’s vanity represent it. My father believes that 8 is infinity, so he makes sure he always get 8 stems in my mother’s bouquet every time he buys it. It always is.

The bouquet of roses on my mother’s vanity makes me believe in romantic relationship. Someday, I would also find someone who bought me a bouquet of roses every 27th, a bouquet of roses that I’d always keep in my vanity. And it won’t be any kind of roses, but roses that have a meaning behind it.