Chapter One - HWM

Calliope James Creek was returning home from the Dust Gala ceremony. She felt numb. No emotions. Nothing stirred inside her cold dead heart.

She met many affluent families and influential people tonight, and yet, felt absolutely nothing. Deprived of sensation.

The opening of the Gala was one of the most prestigious events in the city. She never missed the opportunity to attend it. Each year the special appearance was Calliope. She was liked by everyone and they wanted her to be a part of the celebration. She loved the attention.

It had been a week since her arrival and she had already made the front page debut on every single media outlet in the city.

Her shimmering gold dress glittered under the moonlight as she walked. The view to her right was frightening covered with massive evergreen trees casting a ghastly shadow.

When Calliope was a child she had always wondered what lay across the evergreen mess. So one evening she crossed the creek and ventured deep into the lush evergreen trees. Little did she know that beyond the trees lived her deepest and darkest fear of survival; The Fyre sibling's mansion.

The Fyre siblings, Agnes and Charles started to dislike Calliope when she turned six years old. She never acknowledged them. Calliope and her brother Sebastian had left Vladimir Creek after four years as their father had expanded his business. Their father, James was a gentleman and a man of varying talents. He loved his children very much and always wanted the best for Calliope and Sebastian. James was extremely fond of his daughter and adored his son.

Calliope never understood why the Fyre siblings tormented her to the point of seeking no reaction from her. She was numb to their heinous acts and had made up her mind to not give them the satisfaction of seeing her in a state of throbbing despair. She learnt to turn her emotions off. Absolutely numb. The feeling of nothingness.

And thus, prevailed the vicious cycle of torment for Calliope had buried all her senses deep within.

What were just childhood pranks turned out to be something much more offensive, obsessive, addictive and conniving.

Calliope assumed that the only people who knew about her torment were the Fyre siblings, but there was so much more to it than that.

She thought that she was the only victim who fought bravely through her nightmares, but there was so much more to it than that.

She used to think that she was the only one getting hurt, but there was so much more to it than that.

Calliope had witnessed Agnes being cold-hearted and ruthless, but there was so much more to it than that.

She knew Charles was born hateful, vindictive and calculative, but there was so much more to it than that.

The horrors that lay within The Fyre mansion overlooking the Vladimir Creek has so much more to it than you could ever imagine.

.
.
.
A/n

Blake Lively is who I imagine Calliope Creek

The gold dress that Calliope wore at the Dust Gala ceremony

Plagiarism is a serious offence and strict action will be taken against those who plagiarise.

All Rights Reserved © 2017

Please vote, comment and share my book.

Love y'all xx

Lise