I didn't want to fall in love, not at all. But then you smiled, and holy shit, I blew it.

"Callista, wake up."Callista heard her mother say for the fifth time this morning. She groaned, pulling the covers over her head. It was silent for a second before the sheets that covered her flew off, leaving her in the bed, irritated as ever.

"What do you want mum?" She grumbled, burying her face in her pillow.

"As much as I love you getting your rest, we have visitors for lunch." Her mother said. She groaned, turning over and opening my eyes.

"Is it Dad?" She asked. Her mum's face turned stony.

"No." She said, "You know very well that it isn't your father Callista, and I wouldn't even let him in the house if he bothered to show up."

"Then I have no interest in who may or may not be coming to this house."

"You've gotten even moodier I swear." She sighed, "Well then, at least take a shower and eat something."

"Sleep fights cancer mum." Callista said, giving her a pointed look. Her mother laughed softly.

"It's already eleven. You need to get up."

"Fine." Callista grumbled, making her laugh. Her mother kissed her forehead.

"I love you. Now hurry up."

"Love you too mum." Callista got out of bed as her mum left the room. She loved my mother, she really did, and it hurt to think what she'd be like when she left. Callista's mother was so absorbed herself into Callista's lifestyle, Callista was pretty sure that after she did leave, her mother would pretty much have nothing to do.

The brain tumor had ruined Callista's life. She used to be an aspiring photographer, just having received her bachelor's degree when she fell sick. First it started out like stomach flu. She was extremely nauseous and was vomiting everywhere. But it didn't go away. Instead it got worse. After a week, she began to feel dizzy, hardly being able to stand up. Luckily, her roommate called up her mum, who came to stay with Callista while she was sick. And then, out of the blue, she collapsed. Callista was in her bed while her mother was feeding her soup, when she just fainted. Scared out of her mind, her mother called 911. The next day, Callista woke up in the hospital, with a mild case of dehydration and a grade two brain tumor.

Callista didn't want to leave her mother alone, so she tried chemotherapy, for her mum's sake. But five months in, she decided she couldn't do it anymore. The chemotherapy was leaving her even worse than before, making it very hard for Callista to enjoy her last days. So, she decided to quit. After one final surgery, which Callista had no idea what it was for, she stopped any medication or surgery. As much as she hated to leave her mum alone, especially after her father had left them, but she couldn't bear it anymore. The treatment was killing her.

After a short shower, Callista went downstairs for lunch. As she descended down the stairs, she heard the doorbell ring. She groaned quietly. She was in a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top, and that definitely wasn't the way to greet guests, so she hurried upstairs to change, but was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Hey Ms. Rose." A familiar voice said. Eyes wide, she peered around the corner of the stairs to see Harry, her Harry at the door.

"Hello Harry! You cut you hair!" Her mum greeted, and Callista could tell she'd just given him a hug. She heard Harry chuckle. "How are you?" Her mother asked.

"I'm wonderful. How are you?" Harry's deep voice replied.

"I'm great. But I think I'm keeping you from the one thing that you really want to see." Her mother said knowingly, making Callista groan quietly. She hurried up the stairs to change. She rummaged through her closet to find something suitable, until finally deciding on a pair of jeans. Just as she'd slipped them on, there was a light knock at the door. She couldn't contain her smile as she skipped over to open the door. She took a deep breath before opening it and seeing the one person she'd missed for so long. Harry stared at her, his eyes shining.

"Hello my beautiful rose."