Can I Help You?

Anna's POV

 I came home and immediately put the groceries away. Wow, who would've thought that I would ran into him at the supermarket? I had nothing else better to do so I just decided to watch TV....until my doorbell rang. Ethan's here already? I checked the clock, he was 15 minutes early. I bolted to the door, stopping in front of the mirror to check myself before opening it. I opened to greet Ethan but was surprised at who was at my doorstep instead. 

"Oh, it's you." she said. I raised an eyebrow before replying. 

"Um, can I help you?" I asked the girl who rudely brushed past me in the elevator, clutching an obnoxiously big bag. Probably Michael Kors or some other expensive brand. The thought made me want to roll my eyes.  

"Um, ya actually. My car broke down and I have absolutely no battery in my phone so I was wondering if I can use yours?" she said feigning disgust as she looked down the street. I looked behind her to see an empty street. She seemed to compose herself and answered my unasked question.

"Oh yeah! I broke down around the corner, but um nobody answered their door to uh...help me." She said, her explanation faltering. I shifted on my feet still not answering her question. "So can I?" she asked me. Strange, my neighbors are nice people. 

"Sure, I guess." I said uncertainly, but stepped aside anyway to let her in. She followed me into the kitchen, her heels click-clacking against the tile.  I felt a sense of unease around her, but I quickly shook it off. I mean how much damage can she do with one phone call? 

"Here it is, i'll be right back." I said as she picked up the phone. I checked the time, Ethan would be here soon, so I went to grab my phone upstairs. I found it on my bed still plugged in, so I just quickly checked for any notifications, which I had plenty. Might as well just check them now. I didn't know how long I was sitting on my bed, until I checked the time. 25 minutes! Shit! I scurry to the staircase and compose myself on the bottom step. Can't let her know I was running to make sure she doesn't touch shit. 

I made my way into the kitchen to hear her hang up the phone. I leaned against the doorway, and studied her. She looked fairly bored from what I could see, and slightly flushed.

"So is like a cab coming or something?" I asked her. She whirled around to face me, which proved my assumption to be correct. Her cheeks were ridiculously red, but I put that down to the heavy amount of makeup plastered on her face. I mean honestly. 

"I called a friend to come get me." She answered. 

"And, your car...?" 

"Oh! Yeah, my friend is borrowing his dads tow truck." she said quickly. What is her problem? 

"Hmm" I hummed my agreement and made my way further into my kitchen. "Would you like a drink?" 

"No. I don't drink." she snapped at me. I turned around to look at her with a raised eyebrow but she was looking outside. Excuse me?

"I meant like water or something." I snapped back. She seemed equally surprised by my rudeness aswell. She deserved it. 

"No, im okay." she said nicer. Whatever. 

"No offense but, when is this so-called 'friend' coming to get you? I have a thing later." I said checking the clock. 

"In a few minutes. In the mean time we can get to know each other." she said coming closer to me. No fucking thank you. "I'll start first, i'm Cassidy." she said sticking her hand out for me to shake.

"Annabella" I said shaking her hand, she was about to speak when there was a honk outside. "I don't know if that's for me or you." I said, walking to the door.  I heard a beep go off behind me but it must've been the alarm when I opened the door.

"That's me!" she said as she walked out the door. "Thanks again for letting me use the phone. Your place is um..decent." she said as she walked out. 

"Um, you're welcome?" I said as I closed the door. I wanted to sag with relief. Im so glad she's gone. But more importantly, why did her presence in my home put me on edge? I just want to sleep now. I laid on my bed and let out a big groan. I would've slept but my phone vibrated. 

"Great" I said into my pillow. I reached for my phone to read a text from Ethan.

From: Ethan

I'll be there in a few, had to deal with something real quick. ;) 

Crap. 

Helloooo my lovelies!!! ITS SPRING BREAK WOO!! I know its been aaages since i've updated and im pretty sure you guys expected this chappy to be about their date and im sorry if it wasnt good to meet your expectations but I will try and update more over Spring Break bc no school lol. 

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

I love youu! x