Chapter 12

"Lexi" I heard Paul say my name in a calm voice. "Are you okay?" He asked from behind me. I didn't answer him as I sat back leaning against the log while staring at the girl I just fed from, laying in front of me dead. I definitely was not okay; my body had filled with the overwhelming feeling of guilt and satisfaction at the same time. I have never felt so alive and impulsive before, all of my senses are tingling but what made my life more important than hers? I had no right to take away her long human life. So many thoughts were running through my head but the one thing I was sure on was power; I feel indestructible, like I could do anything. I was so caught up in my feelings that I didn't hear Paul walk over and stand beside me.

"Let's go baby" He held out his hand for me to take so he could help me stand up, his face was back to normal but blood started to dry on the corners of his lips. I took it, unfazed by the blood that covered his hands because so were mine. "What about the bodies?"  I asked looking down once more at the girl I murdered. "We leave them here to be found" He shrugged not caring.

"But what if people know it was us that killed them?" I asked concerned. "How will they find out? Even if they did you can't put a vampire in jail" He smirked. "Now let's get out of here" He tugged on my arm. I let go of his hand and picked up the blanket from the ground that belonged to the couple and carefully draped it over my victim's lifeless body as a sign of respect. I don't regret what I did but I still feel awful about doing it.

"It gets better. Soon the guilt will stop and you will start seeing them as food rather than people." Paul comforted me. "You didn't see me as food" I retorted as we started walking back to his bike.

"That's because you were different, I've already told you many times that you are something special." I smiled and linked my fingers with his, the blood we got on us while feeding had started to dry. I was covered in it more than he was but he's been doing it much longer. "Where are we going? I can't be seen like this." I said once we reached his bike.

"Where would you like to spend your first night as a Vampire?"

"Anywhere as long as it's with you." He laughed and sat on his bike. "Can we go for a swim at the beach when we get home; I just really want to wash myself" I said before getting on behind him.

"Anything for you my queen"