Chapter 10

The ride into town was always bumpy, Paul's bike going a little faster every jump we would take. I swear I would leave bruises on his rib cage after every ride from holding on too tight. Paul hadn't said anything when I told him I was ready to feed, just smiled and took off as the others did with me holding for dear life. Ironic that I worded it like that because after tonight I won't have a life for me to hold onto, I'll be immortal. I felt much better now that the moon was all the way up in the sky.

When we got to the boardwalk the boys drove straight through the crowd, people only just moving out of the way of the bikes at the last minute when they finally came to a stop in their usual spot.

"We're going to Michael's house to mess with the kid and let him know he belongs to us, Then we're going to do a drive by at Max's house before we go and eat" David said once everyone's engine had quieted down. Whoever thought that it was a good idea to put him in charge? I had no idea who Max was and I didn't care either, I was too distracted from Star getting off of David's bike and marching away.

"Go and see what's up with her" David ordered me, if looks could kill then David wouldn't be here right now. I got off of Paul's bike and chased after her. When I reached her I grabbed her arm to make her stop and look at me.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going home, I shouldn't have even come. I can't stand being around him any longer." She pulled her arm away and started walking again.

"You can't walk there alone at night" I called out to her.

"Watch me" She called back and kept walking in the direction we just came from.

I turned and walked back to the boys.

"She's not coming, she says she wants to go for a walk by herself" I lied to them, Star wants to be alone right now and she doesn't need David following her around like an abusive, lovesick little puppy.

"Whatever just let the bitch do what she wants" David said obviously mad. "Let's get out of here" He finished talking and started his bike, taking off with the other boys except Paul close on his heels.

"Why aren't we going with them?" I asked Paul coming closer. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist and pulled me into him.

"Because I wanted your first feed to just be with me" He pulled me in and kissed me. "You said you were ready to be with me entirely, so I thought let's just do it tonight"

"Where are we going to go?" I asked while getting on behind him.

"Do you remember that little beach we took you to when we told you about us?" He asked and started his bike. Of course I remembered that night. I was so scared and disgusted by them and now look at me, ready to go and join them.

"I remember" I said into his ear and then he took off.