Chapter 6 - Enter Zoom and Hellfire

Suited up as the Phoenix, I went down to the pipeline to talk to Dr

Suited up as the Phoenix, I went down to the pipeline to talk to Dr. Light.

"So, who sent you here to kill me and the Flash?" I asked. "Zoom or Hellfire?"

"Hellfire," Light answered. "But I didn't want to."

"But you were fine with killing Linda Park," I said.

"It was the best bad idea I could come up with," she told me. "Leave her body for Hellfire to find. She'd think I was dead and I'd be free."

"How was she supposed to know where to find her body?" I asked.

"Just let me go," Light said. "Let me disappear."

"You would spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder," I told her. "Never knowing when Hellfire is coming."

"Okay," Light walked closer. "And what's your great idea?"

"How were you supposed to contact her after you killed us?" I asked.

"I was supposed to get something," Light answered. "Something I could only get if you and the Flash were dead and then throw it through the breach as proof."

"And then what?"

"Then she'd come for me. Confirm the kill and bring me home," Light said. "Why do you wanna know?"

"Because I want to find her," I told her. "Her and Zoom."

"You really don't," Light replied.

"They're gonna keep coming for me and the Flash. They're gonna keep kidnapping people like you, forcing them to do what they want," I told her. "We have to stop them before more people die."

Light shook her head. "You can't stop them."

"Yes, we can. We will, but we need your help."

Light thought about it before nodding in agreement.

------>

Back in normal clothes, I told the others what I learned from Dr. Light.

"Zoom and Hellfire want Dr. Light to send them Barry's new emblem and your mask?" Caitlin asked.

"Yes," I answered. "We need them for bait. If we can get Dr. Light to take my mask and Barry's emblem, throw it through the breach, then they will come to collect our bodies and we can trap them."

"You know it took a lot of work to make that emblem and mask, right?" Cisco asked.

"This is the woman who was willing to kill Linda in order to escape them, but now she's willing to help us catch them?" Caitlin asked.

"She knows it's the only way," I told them.

Harrison walked closer. "Before I left Earth-2, I worked on a serum to dampen Zoom's speed and Hellfire's . . . fire. All we would need is for Ramon to develop a weapon to deliver it.