Chapter 12 - The Reverse-Flash Returns

There are many reasons why we run. But, usually, it's to avoid what's right in front of us. A decision to be made or a dilemma we have to face. Lately, for me, it feels like running is all I've been doing.

Well, technically, I've been flying with wings of fire.

"What you got for me, Cisco?" I asked, speaking into my suit's comm

"You've been playing Good Samaritan all morning," Cisco told me.

"It's not like I have anything better to do," I replied. "Things are slow at the station and Barry's busy at CCPD."

"You could, I don't know, take a break," Cisco suggested.

"We cannot afford to waste any more time," Harrison said.

"What, cause we've just been sipping Mai Tais since you got here?" Cisco asked, sarcastically.

"I don't know what you've been sipping since I got here, but Barry and Zoe need to get better, stronger, faster," Harrison answered. "We need to train to prepare for Zoom and Hellfire."

"Oh, I see," Cisco said. "You haven't had your coffee this morning."

"I had my coffee this morning," Harrison countered. "Don't slurp." Cisco slurped whatever he was drinking. "Don't. Don't. Don't."

I closed my eyes in annoyance. "Guys!"

"Runaway chemical transport truck, heading south on Kester," Cisco told me.

"On it," I instantly ignited and flapped my fiery wings, soaring into the sky to follow the truck. There were several police cars also tailing it, I extinguished the flames once I reached the truck and saw that no one was driving. I opened the door and got inside, trying to hit the brakes but they weren't working. "Hey, uh, I can't stop the truck. Somebody rigged it." The car ripped off a car door as it passed. I looked back towards the guy inside the car. "Sorry!"

Barry zoomed into the passenger seat next to me, wearing his Flash suit. "We can't let this truck crash. If we do, we'll take out a whole city block!"

"Great. Thank you. Thank you for that," I said, sarcastically before swerving the truck to avoiding hitting oncoming cars. "That was close."

"Oh, and the plot thickens," Cisco told us. "Uh, dead end up ahead. You gotta get out of there."

"Oh, come on," Barry complained.

"I have an idea, but, uh . . ." I trailed off, seeing a tire iron nearby. I smiled as I grabbed it and handed it to Barry.

Barry smiled. "Yes!"

I jumped out of the truck, igniting and flying to hover in front of the dead end, then I started to flap my fiery wings to create enough wind power to push it back or at least stop it in place.