Warrior Princess Ch. 9

I slammed my door and pushed my back against the wall then winced from the bruises forming from the book shelf. What was that about? I just wanted to kiss him but he went crazy. What happened in there? It was like he went crazy. The feeling in my chest when he was kissing me. It was like I was kissing a stranger. He kissed me in a strange way that wasn't normal. It tasted dangerous and he was hurting me. Why would he hurt me? The way he hurt me was strange. I twisted my leg so I could see the side of my leg. I looked down and my skin was a big patch of purplish red. It hurt. I was more afraid of him at his moment than emotional words and actions could express.

Knock. Knock.

I jumped away from the door and turned watching it like a deer watches headlights. Please don't let it be Heath.

"Dez. Honey. Let me explain."

I froze. My whole body went cold. I was so afraid of him I couldn't even breathe. I stood there with my hands at my side and my mouth open. I didn't want anything more than I wanted him to go away. To leave my door.

"Dezzy, please! I'm so sorry. I need to explain this to you." He whined at me.

"G-g-go a-a-a-away." I cried. Frozen still in the middle of the room.

"Dezzy. I'm so sorry." His whispered at the door

After I few minutes I heard his feet lead him away down the hall and I fell on the floor, my feet unwilling to hold me up anymore. The hard wood floor was cold on my face and it felt so good. I closed my eyes and rolled over so my back was on the floor and let the cold relieve the pain on my back. When the floor grew warm I got up and lay in bed wrapping myself in the warm blankets. They were so soft. I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. Willing sleep to come and wash away all my fears of Heath. Putting off my questions for tomorrow.

When I woke up that morning, the light shone through the curtains onto the floor making the wood look like a warm orange brown. A shower sounded good right now and that was exactly what I was going to do. I walked into the bathroom and turned the brass knobs. When I stepped out of my shorts and pulled off my oversized marlins baseball jersey I gasped at the sight of my leg. Smack in the center of my thigh was a giant purple bruise. It mingled with the rest of my injuries but you could tell this was more recent compared to the fading yellows and light purples of the others. I turned as much as I could while still being able to look in the mirror and checked my back. There were two deep brown lines from the shelves on my back and they hurt with stings of pain.

When I stepped in the shower I let the tears fall. I was so tired of being hurt. I was over all of these people hurting me. I wish that Heath never came into my house that day. I wish that I could go back to my boring life of my private Christian school and going out when Kara was sad. Having a simple dinner with my family and being jealous of my public school brother. I was now jealous of every other person I knew, with exception of the ones I just met.

When I was done showering I got dressed in my school uniform and put cover-up over my bruises the best I could. I let my hair air dry and put on some chap stick. I felt too scared to leave the room but I knew I had to face him one day. I walked down the stairs and made it to the kitchen before I froze from the sound of his voice.

"..sorry okay, I didn't do it and you know it." Heath said in defense.

"Damn it Heath. Not only did you interrupt Claire's magic but now almost lost control with her? She could be crushed in one second if you released your control with her! She is not yet fledged! This is why I told her to go to another room instead of staying with you."

"What were you thinking?!" Claire cut in, "You are lucky you didn't kill her! Damn it Heath, don't touch her again."

"I won't touch her if you don't send her visions. Claire, like you guys just pointed out, she is not fledged yet, she can't handle the visions."