Warrior Princess ch. 14

Thanks for the votes, and the comments.. i told you after five i would post. Again this isn't long but next chapter is full of action and a little surprise to everyone sooo ENJOY!!

After watching the sunset Heath went to go get dinner prepared for us. I wandered over the room, running my fingers over the walls and letting the rough wall tickle my fingertips. When I got to the chairs I sat in one and let out a sigh of comfort. The chair was soft but firm and I lay my head against the back closing my eyes. A breeze flew in and chilled the muggy air in the room. I opened my eyes and across the room on the South side I noticed something I hadn't before when I first came in. A vanity. I wandered back over to the other side of the room and looked at the vanity.

The vanity was carved wood and had a white marble top. On top of the vanity sat a glass bottle of perfume and a small jewelry box. Out of curiosity I lifted the lid and looked inside. In red velvet there were three small golden rings and two silver ones, each with a stone and vines carved into the precious metal. There was also a gold necklace that held a pendant. The pendant was shaped like a shield and was red with white marble inside. There was a crest, a lion holding an olive branch inside its mouth. There were two olive trees that wound up each side of the lion forming a circle. The pendant was beautiful and I found myself wanting to put it on.

The metal was cold on my skin as I picked it up and sat at the stool. The mirror was crystal clear and I looked into it, putting the necklace on and ignoring my face and the bruise that was forming on top of everything else from last night. Jesse is disgusting. I looked at the pendant and I just felt insane. Who am I becoming? I am out here somewhere I have no idea where with people I just met to do god knows what. I don't know what I'm supposed to do, but I know that im here and I have to fix whatever it is I have to fix.

My eyes averted to the figure behind me and I smiled. It was Heath. He was standing with his arms folded across his chest, smiling back at me.

"That looks even better on you now that you are older." He said as he stepped forward to me.

"What is it?" I asked looking back to the pendant in the mirror.

"That is your family crest. Your Mother gave that to you when you were born. Her Mother gave it to her when she was born and her Mother before that and so on. It has been passed down for a long line of women and now it is yours until you birth a little girl. Which you will." he placed his hands on my shoulders. "Warriors always have a girl first."

The thought of a child made me shudder inside. Having a kid was not something I wanted to talk about right now. Not even think about.

"So dinner is going to be ready soon. Do you want to lay down for a while till I come back and get you?" He asked.

I thought of the headache and I shook my head yes. Before I could even stand up he lifted me from the stool and carried me to the bed. When he set me down the bed shifted down under my weight and carried me like I was a feather at the same time. It was the most comfortable bed I had ever laid on. I sighed in relief of my aching muscles and the bruise on my back tingled a little bit. Heath leaned in and kissed me on my forehead and pulled back. I put my palm on his neck and pulled him back down to plant a soft kiss on his lips before letting go and snuggling into the pillows. He covered me with one of the throws that was on the bed. The weight of the blanket made me even more comfortable and I closed my eyes, sinking into the softness of the bed. I was asleep as soon as I heard the door shut.

(Heath's POV)

I closed the door and stepped into the stairwell, sighing. I really hope that this works out. My feet carried my tired body down the steps and into the hallway that led to the kitchen door. Before I could open the door Claire stepped out and she was focused on the ground, her eyes a foggy blue.

"Claire, damn it! Stop that right now!" I pulled her hand down from her forehead and shook her till her eyes turned back to the usual soft blue with green.

"Heath, what I do is NONE of your business, now stop interrupting me!" She jerked from my grasp and tried to walk away from me.

I closed my eyes. She left me with no choice. After concentrating for a moment I could feel her powers in the subconscious of my mind. With my mind I pulled on the string of her powers until they were completely mine and I stopped the vision she was forcing on Dezzy. She was too weak for this right now.

"Heath! Stop it!!" She grabbed at me and I released concentration, the string snapping back from my consciousness into hers. "If I choose to give her a vision that is my doing and mine alone, now stop interfering."

"Claire, if you do it again while she is still weak I will let go of my hold on the twins powers. I don't want to put them in that type of pain, but I will if you don't stop this now." I towered over her small frame and scowled.

Claire huffed and spun around and out the door to the main room. After a breath to calm my nerves and my brain from manifesting her powers I shifted and moved into the kitchen to get dinner set up for me and Dezzy.

(Dezzy's POV)

I turned to the boy and motioned for him to hide around the corner. He scrambled to the left and hid in the shadows of the stone walls, and when I could no longer see him I turned back to Heath.

"How far off are they?" I asked, catching my breath.

"Not far. Give them about three minutes." He pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss to my forehead, "I'm not leaving your side. If you say this is what needs to happen, then this is how it will go. You are Queen and I trust you know what will come of your decisions."

His support made a small tear escape before I turned to the direction the boy went. "Don't come out, I will come get you when it's over. I promise, I will do everything I need to do to make sure you are sa..."

*****

I sprung from bed and looked around. It had gone completely dark and the lamps were lit in the bedroom. I tried to catch my breath as I thought to the dreams and what I had heard Claire and Heath talking about the other night in the hall. Were these really visions? And why was Claire sending them to me, why couldn't she just tell me what was going to happen? And why didn't Heath want me to have the visions? What ever this was it was beginning to scare me. The feeling in my heart while I was dreaming got to me so much that I felt like I was actually there in fear for my safety along with Heath and the boys. I had a lot of questions but I wasn't sure if asking Heath or Claire was a good idea. They were secretive about a lot of things and this whole situation is scary already.

The door cracked a little bit and Heath stepped in. His stride was slow and soft as he walked toward the bed and sat down. He carefully slid a hand across my face to move a stray hair and cupped my jaw. I looked into his eyes as he looked at my lips. We sat there, our breath hitching and getting heavy as he slowly moved closer to me. When he was about an inch away he closed his eyes and I looked to his mouth. Right as our lips were about to touch he stopped and pulled back about another inch, so I moved forward. Wait, what if he doesn't want to do this ran through my mind so I pulled back as he leaned in. The tension was getting to me so I gripped my fingers around his neck and pulled him the rest of the way to my mouth. He let out a heavy breath and kissed me back. As I opened my mouth and he opened his, there was a tiny knock at the door. I held a breath in as he sighed and pulled away, standing up and pulling me up in the process. Paul stepped in the door and smiled, waving slightly.

"The dinner table is set." He said, then turned and ran down the steps.