Ch.6: Friend????

Ken's P.O.V

     CHEERS TO THE FUCKIN WEEKEND!!!!! It feels good not having to wake up early in the morning to go to some booty ass school. A nigga gone kick back and relax, might go out and do something maybe but nothing to much. I planned on hitting my boy Evan up to see if he wanna hang but I ain't up for it yet knowing that whole situation between Chris and Evan. I don't kno if I should tell him or leave it alone. If I tell its gone cause a whole nother problem, if I don't tell it's something that I'll kno and will eventually get brought outta me. I just gotta do something to not worry about it.

     I go in my room grab my shoes, phone/headphones, and my house key and just go for a jog. I needa clear my mind and think on what to do.

Darrell's P.O.V

     I feel awkward like something ain't right. My stomach bubbles, and my mind starts to race. Am I getting butterflies? Am I sick? Do I gotta shit? I don't kno what it is but a nigga ain't feeling right. Ever since I talked to Ray I been thinking bout him. Oh hell nawllllll!!!! Ya boy got a crush on lil dude. Or do I just think I have a crush on him? IDKKKK!!!!! I needa clear my mind.

     I ain't neva been a smoker or drinker. If I drink it doesn't be that much. I go to parties and have maybe one or two drinks. I've only smoked 10 times outta my life and its only cause back where I came from I was always in some fucked up shit with people.

     I've always been a big drawer. I always express myself by painting and drawing. I have pictures all across my room of things and people. One in particular is a white butterfly. It symbolizes that even tho if it flaps its wing at the right time in the right place it can cause a hurricane, it can still be pure and harmful.

     I go to get my notebook but I forgot I don't have anymore coloring pencils.

"I'll just walk to the store around the corner then."

Ken's P.O.V

     I've been running for probably 30 mins now. I needed to get some fresh air. Now all I need is some water cause I didn't bring any.

     I go to my favorite store Gabe's Market. Its just a lil store on the corner. I've always went there since I was lil and I haven't stopped til this day. The guy who works there Gabe of course has always been favorite and I actually consider him somewhat a friend. I always used to go in there when I just needed to take a break from things. I'd get a sprite and a snickers bar and just talk to Gabe when things got rough. He was kinda like a father that I never had. My dad left when I was 3 years old and I haven't heard from him since. Last time I checked he was in jail in Arizona.

"Wassup Chris" Gabe says as he always does when I come in.

"Sup Gabe."

"What brings you in tonight? Looks like you been on a run. Something on your mind?"

     Unlike anyone else Gabe could always sense when something was on my mind. Yea Evan and Chris are my homies and they can tell when something was wrong but its only cause I made it obvious but with Gabe he instantly knew without me making it obvious.

"Yea its some stuff that happened with my bestfriend and my OTHER bestfriend's lil brother."

"Well if you needa talk to someone I'm always here for you man."

"Thanks Gabe."

Darrell's P.O.V

     As I walk into the store I get my colored pencils. I see they have every other kind except the kind that I really need so I'll just settle for my second favorite kind. As I get up to go to the register I end up bumping into this guy.

"Aye my bad bro."

"You good dude."

     As I'm about to walk away he catches my attention again.

"Aye dude!!" he says making me turn around.

"Waddup."

"I think ik you from somewhere I just can't put my finger on it."

"We prolly go to school together."

"OH YEA!!! You the new kid." Here we go with this new kid shit. People gone judge and talk.

"Yea I just moved here from Chicago."

"Oh fr! I came from Chicago too!" He said getting happy asf.

"I came from the hood tho."

     He looks at me like I just shot him dead in his heart.

"So whatchu tryna say? I couldn't have come from the hood part? You tryna judge?" He says as he gets up in my face so I'm thinking we bouta scrap so I get back in his face.

"Yea you from the hood part alright." He says backing back and laughing. "You was ready to fight."

"I've always been a fighter even in my baby years. Ion take shit from nobody and never will."

"We gone get along just fine. My name's Ken by the way," he says holding out his hand for some dap.

"Darrell, pronounced with a U instead of a A," I say as I dap him up.

"Well Darrell, I'll see you around school." He says as he walks off.

"See you around."

     I pay for my stuff and go back home. I take out my paper and begin to think of what to draw. I can't really think of what to draw tho. I always draw about how I'm feeling.

     I got it! I start to pull out all the colors I need. I take out blue, red, white, and black. I draw and draw and draw until my masterpiece is comeplete... its a picture of a boy one side is him blue with white eyes and the other side is him red with black eyes. One meaning the good he's been through and the other represents the bad. I put my pencils back and lay down staring at the celling thinking about life. I slowly drift off to sleep.