Gramma's House

Leo:

"Leo? Leo, honey, wake up..."

I opened one eye to see Ziggy, one hand on my cheek. I smiled and opened both eyes. I sat up and stretched, my shirt rising above my waist. I noticed Ziggy staring.

"Watcha lookin' at, baby?" I asked slyly. Her cheeks turned bright red in embarrassment and she turned away.

I laughed. "You know, you're real cute when you're embarrassed." I said. It only made her cheeks turn a shade deeper. She stood up and walked away into the kitchen.

"Baby? Baby, wait, I'm just teasing you, come on..." I laughed. I walked into the kitchen to find her pouting with a soda by the refrigerator.

"Baby..." I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. She turned her head away from me. I don't know why, but her stubbornness was ridiculously attractive. I touched my lips to her forehead. She looked at me and smiled. She stood on her toes and kissed me. I felt little sparks between us, and I could feel her smile into the kiss.

"You're so mean." She whispered into my ear.

"Agh, my heart! Thou hath stricken it with pain!" I said dramatically. She giggled, and my heart started pounding.

"Thou art stupid." She said. I grinned and picked her up by her waist. She set her drink down and wrapped her legs around my waist. She put a hand on my face and touched her lips to mine. I smiled as she took off my glasses.

"Baby, I can't see!" I laughed.

"Duh, that's the point." She giggled. I sat her down on the counter and reached out for my glasses. She swatted my hand away as I reached. I came closer and started tickling her waist. 

"STOP IT, LEO!!" She screamed.

"Gimme my glasses back, then." I said. She reached out and put them in my hand. I slid them back onto my nose and frowned at her, trying to be just as stubborn as she was.

"Leo...," she said, "Leo, baby. Don't be mad." She grabbed a hold of my forearm. I turned to her, and she was smiling. She was wearing extremely attractive clothing: short leather skirt, red top, and fishnet tights. I bit my lip as I looked at her up and down. I think she noticed, because she giggled.

"Leo, honey, my eyes are up here." She said. 

"I...uhh-I...," I stuttered. I felt heat rush up to my cheeks and my hands started shaking from nervousness. She giggled behind her hand and pulled me close to her. She kissed me, and I felt even more heat rise.

The kiss, unfortunately, was disrupted by the ringing doorbell. She hopped down from the countertop and went with me to go see who it was. I opened the door to the red-haired mess I used to call my girlfriend.

Ava.

"Baby," I said to Ziggy, "go into the kitchen." She squeezed my arm one last time before leaving the room

I turned to Ava. "What do you want, Ava?" I growled.

She turned on a pouty face before saying, "I missed you, babe. Why don't you ever return my calls?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ava, when are you gonna get it through you're head that you and I are no longer together? You abused me and cheated on me, and now you expect me to come crawling back? Ava, you have a boyfriend. And I'm sure he likes you a whole lot, but I don't. Just go away, Ava." I said quietly. I closed the door on her and locked it. I set my head in my hands and walked back to the kitchen, where I saw Ziggy sitting on the countertop. Once I was close enough, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her. I wrapped my arms around her and set my head on her shoulder.

"Hey," she said quietly, "it's gonna be okay." She lifted my head into her hands and said, "Baby, you did the right thing. Don't fret over it." 

I looked at her and gave her a weak smile as she set her lips on my forehead. By the time she took them off, my heartbeat slowed to a normal rate.

"Thank you." I whispered.

""For what?" She asked.

"For making me feel better, of course." I replied. I kissed her, and that got my heart rate going up again.

"You want anything to eat, baby?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry." She answered.

"Neither am I." I laughed. I picked her up and grabbed her soda. I walked her over to the couch, where I sat her down gently and picked a seat next to her. I grabbed a blanket and threw it over us, pulling her into my chest. We watched movies and kissed for the next few hours, and I honestly felt a whole lot better afterwards. 

I've learned that there are only certain people who can make you feel the way I felt that day. They make you feel like you're walking on air, like you can do anything. And nothing you do can replace that.