Chapter Nineteen: Love hurts

"No. My memory of her will fade once she leaves. Besides, even if it didn't, Undertaker would surely refuse, and we need him for information. Also, if word gets out that I broke the engagement with a daughter of a noble family like my own, to be with the daughter of an Undertaker. Shame would come to the Phantomhive name. I can not allow that." Halona listened behind the closed door. She clutched her chest, the pain was not physical, but affected her greatly.

    She had gone to see Ciel to ask if they could play another game of chess. Once she heard those words from his mouth she couldn't bear to hear more. So she ran off into her room. Jade was sitting there, playing with a ball of yarn and enjoying herself, that was until she saw her friends face. Instantly she took out her claws, ready to pounce.

    "Who must I kill?" Jade hissed. Halona shook her head and climbed into her bed. Jade crawled over to her and poked her cheek.

    "What's wrong?" She asked.

    "Nothing."

    "Come on. Tell me. You're gonna tell me either way." Halona scoffed.

   "No. I'm fine." Jade rolled her eyes.

    "If you say so." She said, she then held up three fingers.

   One. . .

   Two. . .

   Three. . .

   "Okay, so I went see if Ciel wanted to play chess-" Halona started. Jade rolled her eyes again and sighed.

    "And he told Sebastian that once I left he would forget about me and that if he were to leave Elizabeth to be with me shame would come to the family. So he likes me but is to ashamed to admit it!" She finished ranting. She took deep breaths in order to calm down.

   "Well, Grell was right. You can do better than him. If he's too ashamed to be with you then he might as well die in a hole." Halona let out a small chuckle.

   "Perhaps. . ." She said. But that didn't make the pain go away.

    "I think I'm going to sleep." Jade nodded and turned back into a cat. Felicia curled up to the girl and they slept peacefully.

    "Sebastian, what's my schedule?" Ciel asked sleepily. It was the start of a new day and Sebastian had just given him his morning tea.

    "None today my lord, you shall do whatever you please." Ciel scoffed.

    "Very well, have Halona meet me in my office at noon. I have some important things to talk to her about." Sebastian smirked.

   "As you wish my Lord. Shall I light some candles in your room for a more romantic setting?" Asked the butler. The boy glared daggers at him.

   "There will be no need for that. I just want to talk to her over a game of chess. It's perfectly innocent, I can have friends my own age you know." Ciel spat. Sebastian smiled and bowed.

   "Of course my Lord. I shall send for her at noon." And with that the butler left Ciel in his room alone.

   "Damn him. It's just a game of chess, nothing wrong with that! So what she's beautiful, and kind. . .and. . ." He looked down between his legs as his eyes widened.

   "Hell, not again."

    Halona, wake up. It's near noon!" Jade said, shaking the girl furiously. Halona sleepily swatted her away.