Chapter Twenty-Four: Going out on a Limb

Halona had woken up before anyone else, so she took it upon herself to make breakfast. She ran and stole some eggs, and meat for bacon and sausage.

    Sebastian had run off as well to find leads on Undertaker's whereabouts. Surprisingly it's been a while since he left. So she decided to cook to pass the time.

    Soon enough, Will had woken up and stumbled into the kitchen. He wobbled to the table and sat down, rubbing his pounding head.

    "Good morning." Halona greeted with a smile. She assumed that after all they had just been through, someone needed to keep a sign of hope.

    "Not at all. My head feels like it had just been bashed into with a very large rock. I blame the demon." He spat. Halona rolled her eyes and gave him a cup of tea.

    "Quit being a baby and drink up. Breakfast is almost ready." She told him.

    "I'm a grown man, I don't need a child ordering me around." She gave him her best death glare. The girl could practically could feel the fear rising through him.

    ". . . Fine." He muttered. She smirked happily, even he was under her control when she really wanted him to be.

    "Where did you get the meat?" William asked. She finished the eggs and set down a plate for him.

    "I used my hard earned money." She replied. Will let out a deep chuckle and took a sip of his tea.

    "Please we all know that's a lie." It was good to hear him laugh, Halona thought to herself. He was always so cold and dark. Hard to approach and well. . . Difficult to talk to sometimes.

    Halona giggled and dug into her meal. After a long pause of silence Will finished his plate.

    "You know, you don't need to keep smiling for his sake." He said, not looking away from his cup. She froze and stared down at her hands.

    "I can't help it. He'll worry." She explained. Will pushed up his glasses and folded his arms.

    "Please, all that boy thinks about is himself. I don't like the fact you're with him. If you're with him you're around that filthy demon of his. Tch. I'm surprised that you haven't left him yet." She sighed and looked at the ceiling.

    "Sebastian isn't that bad."

    "He's a demon Halona. You know he's just being nice for show."

    "I know that I'm not stupid. Besides, it's not like I trust the guy. But I do trust Ciel." I told him. The reaper just sighed and took another drink.

    "That boy, I dont trust him." He spat.  After another long silence, he could tell something was bugging her.

    "You know. . . This isn't your fault." He told her. She glanced at him and let out a deep breath.

    "It sure feels like it." She muttered.

    "Please understand that James was planning this before you even showed up. He still would have captured your father and we would all be doomed. But you, you being here gives us chance at fighting back." His words somehow managed to calm her down a bit.

    "It's not like you to be so nice and caring." She stated.

    "Yes, well I think I have a concussion." They shared a small laugh. Then Ciel walked in while rubbing his eyes.

    "Where's Sebastian?" He demanded sleepily.

    "Well good morning to you too. Eat some food I made breakfast." Halona told him.