Chapter 3

((Mitch's POV))

I kept my eyes pratically glued to the floor as I heard the nurse sigh, taking me from Jerome and sitting me down on the bed up against the wall. "Not again, Mitch." She murmured under her breath, frowning as she tilted my chin up. I was pretty sure that I had a bruise stretching down the side of my face because, when she touched my cheek, it hurt like a bitch. "Why do you let yourself get into situations like this, Mitch?" She asked, taking off her glasses and giving me a worried look. I glanced back to Jerome, wincing as I looked down to my hands.

"I....I can't stop it.." I mumbled quietly, twiddling my thumbs, much to the Nurse's annoyance. Taking a hold of my thumbs, she sighed once more.

"Have you made any friends yet, Mitch?" She inquired. "Maybe if they were around, you wouldn't get hurt as much as you do now." I shook my head slowly, pulling my thumbs from her grasp and folding them across my lap. She got up, seemingly accepting defeat before she looked up at Jerome. "And what's your name sweetie? I don't think you've ever visted my office before." She smiled. Jerome laughed awkwardly, reaching up to run a hand through his hair.

"My name's Jerome, ma'am." He answered.

"Don't call me ma'am, dear, Kirsty is perfectly acceptable, isn't that right, Mitch?" She chirped, looking back at me only to recieve a roll of the eyes in response. Honestly, I just wanted to leave this office right now. I didn't want Kirsty to bother me any further, and I certainly didn't want her to try and drag Jerome into this situation. "How about you hang around with Jerome for a while? If that's okay with him, of course." She suggested, looking from me to Jerome. 'Please say no, please say no.' I mentally pleaded, kneading my lower lip between my teeth.

"Sure, I'll keep Mitch company. I haven't made many friends here myself yet." He grinned at me.

"Perfect!" Kirsty declared, clapping her hands together. "Now, hurry along, Mitch. We don't want you to be late to your next calss." She smiled, ushering Jerome out of the office but keeping me behind to quickly whisper something in my ear. "You may grow to like him, sweetie; give the lad a chance." I sighed, shuffling out of the office and pulling the door shut behind me.

As I said in the comments earlier, I am so sorry for not posting a chapter earlier :c

Hopefully, this one will be acceptable :3

As always, make sure to hit that vote button to see more and leave a comment down below if you enjoyed it or not (they motivate my lazy butt moreso than you think ;3).

PEACE OUT DOODS \(ouo)/