Chapter 19

((Mitch's POV (again)))

I sat there for a moment, completely bewildered by the event that was occuring. The last time Brandon and I had been intimately involved...well...it didn't exactly go to plan. So, I gently placed my hands on his chest, pulling away from the kiss as I pushed him away a little. "You know I have a boyfriend now. The feelings I had..they just aren't there anymore, Bran.." I murmured softly, watching as his expression contorted into one that made my chest ache.

"B-but..I got to you first.." He whimpered, glancing down. "I...I was your first for everything, even-" I placed my finger to his lips, nodding a little.

"I know you did.." I sighed. "But, we ended it, remember?" I tilted up his chin, his vulnerable side being revealed to me for the first time in a while. "If it carried on.." I shook my head. "That would've led to you getting bullied; I didn't want that."

Through this whole explanation, I could only see him crumbling more so, his hands trembling by his sides. "Just, leave me alone now, Mitch." He whispered, standing up from my lap and pushing open the cubicle door. He then exited the bathrooms, leaving me with the dread of a looming silence. I'd never felt more guilty in my life.

((Jerome's POV (a few days later)))

Today was the day, the day that I'd finally be allowed back to school. The day I'd finally get to see Mitch again after all this time. Grandma hadn't exactly been happy with him visiting so regularly; apparently he'd been working me up, making me less likely to recover from my 'chronic illness'.

I rolled my eyes at the thought, pushing open the school entrance doors to be greeted by a rough shove. "What the fuck?" I muttered, pulling on my bag more so and turning to try and find the source of the shove with no success. Weird. 

*After school*

"Jerome!" Mitch squealed, bounding down the corridor and flinging his arms around me. I chuckled, winding my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly.

"You missed me?" I joked, kissing the top of his head as he pulled back to peer up at me.

"Yeah, it's been really sucky here without you." He pouted. However, he couldn't hold this pout for long and eventually his lips broke into a wide smile. "I'm just glad you're all better now." He giggled, pecking my lips.

"Me too." I grinned, releasing his waist so I could grasp his hand. We then made our way down the corridor and out of the doors, the cold air immediately hitting me. "Damn, it's cold today." I commented, pulling Mitch closer to me for added body warmth. 

I then felt something warm being wrapped around my neck, Mitch's excited giggle sounding soon afterwards. "Mom packed an extra scarf for you." He beamed up at me.

"Remind me to thank her later for that." I chuckled, adjusting the scarf slightly as we walked. "Speaking of your Mom, I haven't met her yet.." I mused.

"That's why you're coming over for dinner tonight." He grinned, lacing our fingers. But what about.."I've already asked your Grandma she said it's alright!" He chirped, adressing my previous thoughts immediately.

"How convenient." I smiled, absently swinging my arms as I walked.

"I can be very organised when I want to be." He smirked, resting his head on my shoulder.

"That's good, I need at least one person like that in my life." I chuckled, walking up his driveway.

"Mitch!" A cheery voice greeted, Mitch's face immediately lighting up.

"Hey, Mom!" He chirped.

So, I got quite a lot of hate on the last chapter :/
It's not actually going to happen! This story is called 'Merome' for a reason you know..

Anyways, be sure to leave a comment or vote if you enjoyed :3

PEACE OUT DOODS \(ouo)/