Chapter 4

((Jerome's POV))

Mitch eventually walked out o fthe office, a very disapproving look plastered onto his face. I decided to brush it off, considering the kid had just been beaten up. With a sigh, I put a smile onto my face. "So, what lesson do you have now, Mitch?" I asked, hoping to get an answer that involved some form of words. Instead, he simply pushed a crumpled piece of paper innto my hands before folding his arms acros his chest and glancing down at the floor. I observed the timetable intently, my smile increasing a little. "Well, looks like you have most of your lessons with me today, including our next lesson." I observed, folding up the paper and handing it back to him. He grabbed it, my folding seemingly a waste of time as he shoved it into his pocket again. "Come on, lets go." I urged, grabbing his wrist to which he yelped in shock. I hastily let go, a frown forming on my face. "Are you okay?" I asked uncertainly, trying to take a look at his arm which he objected to.

"Yeah, I'm completely fine.." He murmured in an almost harsh tone, tugging down his sleeves before making his way down the corridor - head hung low. I quickly jogged to catch up with him.

"Hey, I know that you don't want me to be following you around everywhere but I want to try and help you." I sighed, taking a hold of the handle on his rucksack and encouraging him to slow down. He huffed, slowing his pace but still avoiding any contact with me. "So," I began, trying to break the looming silence. "Tell me about yourself." I stated, earning a confused glance from Mitch. "Well, if we're going to be spending time together, I at least want to know something about you other than your name." I explained with a shrug. He rolled his eyes, adjusting the straps on his bag before finally deciding to utter some words.

"I'm not overly interesting to be honest. I'm just Mitch Hughes," He mumbled. "The guy that other people like to pick on for no particular reason." He added, chewing on his lower lip as he ran a hand through his hair.

"There must be more to you than that, every person has a story behind them." I insisted with a slight smile. Before I could speak up again, Mitch decided to speak once more; looks like I was finally getting through to the poor kid.

"What else could you possibly want to know about me?" He questioned, stopping and turning to face me. I pondered this for a second before finally coming up with a question.

"Why do you hate me?"

*slowly emerges from corner of shame*
Erm....this was meant to be done 2 or so days ago and it wasn't o-o
PLOX DANZ KILL MEEEE *hides behind hands*

Anyways x3
Please remember to click that vote button if you enjoyed and possibly leave a comment too (I now try to respond to as many as I can ;3)
PEACE OUT DOODS \(ouo)/