Chapter 20

((Mitch's POV))

"Mom!" I chirped excitedly as I spotted the familiar figure in the doorway. I ran up to her, pulling here small frame into a tight embrace. She giggled, almost toppling backwards.

"Nice to see you too, honey." She smiled. When she peered over my shoulder, her smile increased more so. "So, is this the infamous Jerome you've been talking about?"

My cheeks instantly flushed a bright shade of red causing Jerome to laugh. "That'd be me." He grinned. He trudged up the driveway to us, reaching out to shake my mother's hand. She had different plans. He looked rather shocked when she pulled him into a hug also, a breathless cough passing his lips.

"Lovely to meet you, sweetie." She beamed, finally releasing him from the bear hug. "I'm just making dinner; why don't you go and say hello to your Dad?" She suggested to which I nodded.

"Sure, come on 'sweetie'." I smirked. Jerome glared at me as I grasped his hand, leading him into the house and upstairs to my Dad's office.

"Is your Dad gonna suffocate me too?" Jerome asked, looking a little anxious.

"Of course not; he's a little more calm around visitors than Mom is."  I laughed, lacing my fingers with his as I knocked on the door.

That was one rule in the house: never enter Dad's office without knocking first. He worked at home and didn't like to be disturbed when working. Made sense to me.

"Come in." He called, to which I pushed down the handle and allowed the door to swing open. He looked up from his computer, looking from me to Jerome with a smile. "Who's this?" He asked.

"This is Jerome, my boyfriend." I verified. With a small cough, Dad stood up, walking over to Jerome and extending his hand. 

"Great to meet you." He grinned.

"You too." Jerome smiled slightly, shaking his hand.  

He leant down, murmuring something into Jerome's ear. This triggered a blush to spread across his cheeks. "O-Of course, sir." He nodded, shifting closer to me.

"Good." Dad smiled, shooing us out of his office and closing the door.

"What did he say to you?" I asked curiously, Jerome shaking his head in response.

"Not telling." He grinned. I jutted out my lower lip in a pout.

"Why not?" I whined.

"Because it's a secret, Mitch." He laughed, dropping my hand and dashing downstairs.

I rolled my eyes, following after him as Mom called us for dinner.

Be sure to leave a vote or comment down below if you enjoyed this chapter!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates recently; I guess the plotline of my story just isn't appealing to me anymore :/
If anyone has any interesting plot twist ideas to make it more interesting, be sure to inbox me!
if not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to draw this story to a close in a few chapters.

QOTD: If you could meet one person in the world, who would it be and why? I'll only answer this if you really want me to; it'd take a while to put into words XD

PEACE OUT DOODS \(o3o)/