Chapter 5

((Mitch's POV))

That question hit me, it hit me hard. This 'Jerome' guy that I barely even knew was already passing judgements of me; wow. "I din't hate you!" I protested. "You have no room to make that accusation!" I turned on my heel and continued down the corridor, ignoring his calls and apologies.

I made a swift detour, heading into one of the rooms that I had learnt was empty over the past few years. Locking the door behind me with a key I had found previously, I allowed my backpack to slide from my shoulders and onto the ground. Then, with a sigh, I slumped down next to it, my wrists still burning furiously from where he had grabbed them before.

I winced as I rolled up my sleeve, the burn marks present there causing abhaunting flashback to occur in my mind.

*Flashback*

"So, are you ever going to go near her again, faggot?" Pete growled lowly, his nicotine-laced breath making me wrinkle my nostrils in disgust.

"N-no, I swear!" I assured, whimpering as he grasped my arm.

"What? Am I going to find anything beneath here?" He grinned menacingly. "Did you finally pussy out and use that razor mommy bought you?" He taunted.

"No!" I croaked, desperately trying to yank my arm out of his grasp.

"Hey, don't fight me!" He barked, taking the filthy concoction from his mouth a tapping some ash onto the ground. I looked at the cigarette through wide eyes, my arm trembling as he brought the bud closer to my skin...

*End of Flashback*

I yelped as if I could almost feel the pain once more, the small marks on my wrist burning. Ointment, yes, ointment was what I needed. I pulled my rucksack onto my lap, opening the zip and rummaging through its contents until I retrieved the tube I required.

Hurriedly, I unscrewed the cap, squeezing out some of the ointment and applying it to the burns. I let out a sigh, my head tilting backwards as the pain gradually died down. This serene moment, however, was quickly interrupted by a knocking on the door.

"Mitch? Mitch, I know you're in there." Jerome called. Good god, was this kid ever going to leave me alone?

IT'S HERE, FINALLY HERE!
Unless you were all unaware, I am in fact an English person so right now it is *looks at clock* 1.40am!
Only for fanfics will I stay awake this long!
Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. If you did, be sure to click that vote button and leave a comment down below!
Thanks for all your continued support!

PEACE OUT DOODS \(ouo)/