Four.

It had been a week since we came back from the cabin and I was currently sitting on a couch in the club house with my legs crossed and my nephew on my lap. I had on black short overalls and a white crop tank top with sandals on my feet. He was laughing and giggling at the faces I was making and it healed my heart for the moment until mom walked in. She came over and lifted Abel out of my arms with a smile on her face.

"I'm gonna take this little angel home before the party gets kicking. You want to come home with me tonight?" She asked but I shook my head. I thought that if I stuck around for the party, maybe if I acted half human, that I would start to feel better. I wasn't sure if it would work or not but I was willing to try.

As she was walking out, Happy walked in and she said something to him that I couldn't hear but he nodded before walking towards me.

"You feeling up for tonight?" He asked and I nodded before I caught the bag in his hand. He saw me looking and held the bag up with a smirk. "I brought grub."

I couldn't help but laugh and lead him back to the room where we were staying. We had separate rooms at first but then the nightmares came and the only way they left was if he was there. We sat on the bed and he handed me the bag of food. I took out the food, handing him what was his and started eating my own.

"Hey Hap?" He grunted in response, "You've been to jail right?"

He nodded, "Many times, why?"

"Don't go back again okay?" He raised an eyebrow. "I'm just saying, it would be hard without you here." He nods, understanding.

"In about a week I gotta go up to Bakersfield to see my ma." I nodded, knowing that there would come a time when I'd have to get over this strange feeling of safety that I had towards him. "I'm gonna take you with me." I turned back to him, surprised, and I caught him actually smiling at my surprised expression. "You thought I was gonna leave your ass here!" He was laughing now and I joined him. I wasn't sure when it happened, maybe in the bath or maybe over the last few days, but Happy was turning into my best friend.

He went where I went and I went where he went unless it was club business. We watched stupid movies that he probably didn't even like and we ate, a lot. The first night we were back I had nightmares and went to him for help. That's when I realized that he keeps the nightmares away and we have been sharing a room since then.

"Happy!" I shoved him before steeling some of his fries. He gave me a look that said 'Oh no you didn't' and I busted up laughing. "How do you even know that Clay is going to let me go?"

"You got your dad wrapped around your finger, pout that pretty lip of yours and he won't say no."

I just rolled my eyes and tossed my trash in the bag before standing up.

"Come on, I can hear the music and the whores from here." I went to walk away from him but he grabs my hand and stops me.

"You sure you're alright with being out there?"

"Yeah." I nodded and then a thought comes to my head. "I don't want to be a cockblock or anything so you don't have to stay in here tonight, I'll understand." I didn't wait for him to respond, instead I hurried out the door.

I didn't care about changing out of my overalls because there wasn't anyone here I needed to impress. One of the straps was undone but that was the only change I had made to the outfit, and that was just my lack of effort after going pee. When I walked into the club house I was right, there was people everywhere, inside and out. I grab a beer from Halfsack before making my way outside.