Jasmine Cephas Jones

*you have to fill in for Lin and the alternates because they are all sick. But you like jasmine and the scene with Maria happens*

"Y/n? I need you to fill in for me."

"Me? What happened to all the back ups?"

"They're all sick. I'm sick. Please fill in. You're the only one that I am sure can do it."

"Do you have an extra costume?"

"Yep. Anthony has everything you need. Thanks Y/n. I owe you!"

"Yes you do, Lin. Yes you do."

~•~

Is no one else here? Aren't we supposed to have practice in 5 MINUTES?!!

Panic. That was all you were feeling as you tugged on the door to the theatre.

You started feeling light headed, so you sat down, head in your hands.

"Hey? You okay?"

"No. We have practice in 4 minutes and the door is locked."

"Oh. Well, doesn't Lin have a key?"

"He isn't coming Oak! He called and asked for me to fill in for him because he and everyone else is sic-" you look up with watery eyes, just as the door unlocks.

You and Oak whip your heads to look at the door, and at who was standing there.

"You all going to come practice- Y/n? Are you crying?" Jasmine asks, holding her hand out to you.

"Get your butts in HERE!" Jonathan screeches from behind her.

You shakily stand, slowly following Oak and Jonathan into the theatre, Jasmine trailing behind you.

"Are you alright?" She whispers, so close that you can feel the heat radiating off of her.

"Yes. Just stressed. Lin called and asked me to fill in for him. I'm playing Alexander tonight."

"Oh." She breathes out, "you better get ready then. Anthony already put the costume in your dressing room. See you then, Alexander."

The way she said that sent shivers down your spine as you sprinted to your dressing room to change.

Makeup was simple and fast for the artist to do and they just had you pull your hair into a low pony for act one.

Breathing steadily you step out for rehearsal. Act 1 was going smoothly, you gave Phillipa a little peck when Lin would usually kiss her. You had already asked her though. And she said she wouldn't mind.

"Okay! Go get ready for act 2 and as soon as everyone is done we will start!" The director yells.

You walk hurriedly back to your dressing room to change into your second costume.

On your way out you bump into Jasmine.

"Oops, sorry," looking up at her from the floor, "Maria."

She smirks and raises an eyebrow, "Alexander?"

You stand up and prepare to start the second half.

"Everyone ready? PLACES!"

~•~

"And Alexander's by himself, I'll let him tell it." You hear Leslie sing, cueing your next words.

You bite your lip, noticing Jasmine out of the corner of your eye.

"I hadn't slept in a week I was weak I was awake. You'd never seen a bastard, orphan more in need of a break. Longing for Angelica, missing my wife, that's when miss Maria Reynolds walked into my life. She said," you sang, half dreading and half ready for the rest of the song.

You watched as she sang, to you, well, Alexander...? You were wide eyed as she grabbed your arm and the two of you continued the song.

"She turned red. She led me to her bed, let her legs spread and said," you were fighting to keep your face a normal color and not a red one.

"Stay." She was looking at you differently than she looked at Lin.

"Heyyyyyy." You raise an eyebrow, still managing to hit all the cues.

"Hey." She didn't look flustered one bit!

"That's when I began to pray lord show me how to say no to this. " still getting everything right, with the director in your eyesight giving you encouraging nods.

"Then her mouth is on mine and I don't say.." Jasmine grabs your face and plants her lips firmly on yours, biting down on your lip making you gasp and she begins to battle yours for dominance. 

You let her win, not even noticing that the music had stopped. Your hands find her waist, quickly pulling her into you. The rest of the cast was watching, all thinking 'I told you so'.

"WHAT DID I MISS??" Daveed screeches, finally emerging from his dressing room.

That was when you took notice of the environment around you. Squeezing her him lightly you back away, a heavy blush settling on your cheek.

She gives you a smile, fixing her dress, "shall we continue? Or can I finish what I started before the show?"

The director waves his hand, dismissing practice.

And Jasmine tugs you toward her dressing room.