"Are you crushing?" John Laurens *Modern*

(Johns POV)

There I sat, in the quiet coffee shop, with my friends Lafayette and Hercules.

"Dang. I wish Alex could've come." I interrupt whatever they were talking about.

"Isn't he with... Maria...?" Lafayette asks, the space between his brows creasing.

"Yea. He had to help her with something at the office apparently." Hercules mumbles, glancing at the door suddenly.

Rapid slaps on my arm shake me from my thoughts. I look up at the buffoons in front of me, only to get my cheeks squished and my head violently jerked towards the door.

"O-oh. She is HOT!" Lafayette blurts.

Shaking my head out of Hercules hand I glare at his blushing figure.

"SHIT! She's looking over here! Act normal." Hercules whispers harshly.

I hear shoes padding towards us and a finger tap my shoulder.

(Y/n POV)

"O-oh. She is HOT!"

What?! Glancing around you don't see any other women in the cafe.

Here goes nothing. You think biting your lip as you start towards the table of men.

The one with a fluffy bun tied behind his head was blushing crimson, a rather large, buff looking man with a beanie was whispering to the duo, and the last one.

Hot dang. He was HOT.

His dark hair pulled into a loose ponytail, it looks so soft.
He had adorable freckles covering his face that was now coated with pink as you touched his shoulder.

"Yes?" He asks, gaining his composure and smirking at you.

"So soft." You unintentionally sigh out, "I-I didn't mean-n to say that. O-oh God. Now you think I'm a lunatic."

"No I don't. I think it's cute. Wanna join us?" The handsome man invites.

You hold up a finger and run to get your coffee off the counter.

Coming back freckles, what i don't know what to call him, had moved over so you could sit next to him.

The man with the bun sticks his hand out, you take it, "I'm Lafayette. And you're very belle."

"Thank you Lafayette. I'm Y/n. You don't look bad yourself." You grin, knowing French.

"I'm Hercules." The man, Hercules, with the beanie says waving.

Waving back you take your straw in your mouth and turn to ponytail.

"I'm y/n. And you are?" Smirking at him.

"John Laurens. But you can call me da-"

"Nope. NOPE NOPETY NOPE!!" Hercules screeches slapping his hands over Lafayette's ears.

"Mom ami? Why have you covered my ears?"

~•~

That was the first time you met them. You had met up and hung out with them a lot since then. It became a pass time, going to bars, having Netflix marathons.