6: Hit it!

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Liz as I stare at my own image in the mirror.

"Trust me. I did it with my brother's hair before." She said as she combs my hair.

"O-okay." I told her as she started snipping my hair.
-----

"There you go. I didn't knew you'd look cute with boyish hairdo." Liz said proud if herself.

My long hair was gone.
"Aisssh, so much for joining the audition." I complained while Liz was busy styling my hair. I guess I kind of looked like Jin on the Boy in Luv MV.

"It'll grow back anyways. If you wear a wig, it might fall off as you dance. What about the other perfomance anyway? What song are you going to sing?" Liz said.

"Who says I'm going to sing?" I smirked as I stared back at her.

Might as well find out who's badass than the other guys joining.

-------
*day of the audition*

"You can do this." Liz said as I was about to enter the building.

"I hope he can still recognize me even if I look more handsome than him." I joked.

"Aigoo, Aubrey's got swag now huh?" Liz said while pinching my nose.

I immediately covered her mouth and looked around just in case anybody was there. Phew, good thing there was no one.

"Shhhhh. Don't call me by my name. Someone might hear you." I wisphered to her.

" there's no one around. You should go inside now, it's almost time. I'm going shopping before I go home." She says while pushing me inside.

I waved goodbye to her and made my way to the waiting area.
I entered the room the staff led me after mentioning that I was going to audition. It was huge and there were like 50 men already in the venue.

I walked to the chairs and I sat beside a guy who looked like he was a bit older than me. I nod to greet him before I sat down.
" You look young, how old are you?" He said while examining me from head to toe.

"I-i'm 18. And you... hyung?" I said carefully choosing my words too avoid any mistakes.

He chuckled and then offered me a handshake. "I'm 22. Man, maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff."

"Hyung, you shouldn't give up." I said hoping that I will be able to cheer him up.

He smiled and leaned closer to whisper. "Did you know that whoever wins this competition will prepare for their debut right away?"

That's insane. That means whoever judges this competition will have really high standards. "H-hyung, that means they will be really strict right?"
I take a big gulp as I realize this stuff is no joke.
He nodded and crossed his arms. " I heard the judges are from the group the winner's gonna be in." He said.

Then they must be really strict. Aissh, I don't think I'll be able to pass this thing. I wasn't here to win this thing to begin with.
"Hyung, I heard this is the company where BTS is right?" I asked carefully not letting him notice what my real purpose for coming is.

"Right, they're pretty famous now. I think the rooms we just passed before this room are their practice rooms. They don't allow other people in there. I think they only come out during lunch time and practice again till night." He said.

Lunch time? Its still too early though. I'm gonna be stuck in here for hours.

"May I have your attention please..." A man loudly spoke coming from another room where I assume the audition's going to be held.

" The auditions will be starting. Please wait here til I call on your name." He said and he started calling the names. I submitted my form with the name Lee Jiyoung, hoping that no one's gonna notice what my real identity is.

I watched people called coming in and out of the audition room. Some were sad, some look like they were satisfied . I checked my phone for the time and it was almost lunch time. I slipped out of my seat as I made my way out of the room

"LEE JIYOUNG...? I repeat LEE JIYOUNG. Is he still here?" The announcer said.

Rats. And I thought it was my chance to go and find Yoongi.

"LEE JIYOUNG. We'll be calling another name if he's not here. LEE JI--

I raised my hand. "I'm here!" Let's get this thing done then I'll go find Yoongi.

I entered the room and closed the door I came from. I was checking my sneakers for stains til I reached the center. I made a bow and greeted the judges.

"Hi. I'm Lee Jiyoung from Dae-- "
I stopped when I finally came to realize who the judges are.

None other than the 7 members of BTS.....