11: Chingu?

"Okay everyone! Practice is over! Good job!" Seungdok hyung, our choreographer signaled that its finally time to go home.

The boys and I collapsed to the floor. Finally, we can rest.

Heol, I wanna shower so badly. Everyone's soaking with sweat.

"Jiyoung-ah, let's grab some ramen after taking a bath!" Jungkook said as he rested his hand over my shoulder.

"Sounds good. How about the others?" I asked.

"Everyone else is heading to the dorms to sleep right away. Oh! Wait- Jiminie hyung! Let's eat ramen together!" He said as we passed by Jimin who just got changed into new clothes.

Jimin stopped and I saw him take a quick glance at me.

"Sorry guys, I'll pass today. Anyway, don't eat too much instant ramen okay?"
He gave an apologetic smile as he made his way out.

Jimin is acting strange..

"Oh? That's new.  He never refused when I ask him. Jiyoung, Let's get home quickly so we can take a bath!"

"Uhh.. Yeah."

------

We walked around the neighborhood to a small store just near our dorm. We each got instant ramen and shared a pack of kimchi along with it.

There are some girls that saw us and recognized Jungkook. They kept taking pictures from afar...

"You should get used to it." JK said as he opened another cup of ramen.

"Can you even go out by yourself?" I asked him.

"Not really.. If I was alone, our manager would have scolded me right now." He sighs and gulps down his noodles

Man, how does he eat that much..

Some fans are passing by the store and  Jungkook waves at them as they call his name.

"Your life is hard." I sighed.

"You know, in a few weeks.. You're going to be in the same position as I am right now." He laughed.

"Still feels unreal to me.."

We walked around a bit more.. Good thing the fans are keeping their distance. And good thing we decided to bring our masks with us. Fewer people are noticing Jungkook. We stopped in a nearby park.

"Ahhh.. Feels nice to grab some fresh air." Jungkook stretched his arms out in the air and we sat on a bench.

The street at night looked very bright.

"You seem happy."

I glanced at him. I could only see his eyes but I know he was smiling from the wrinkles in his eyes.

"Honestly, I haven't seen this view for a while. I was so busy preparing for our performances. I almost forgot about this place."
Jungkook's eyes showed a glint of sadness.

"Aigooo, you act too old for your age. How did you come to be so mature?" I joked as I ruffled his hair.

"This is nice" he said

"What?"

"This.. Just talking.. It seemed strange how I could easily share what I can't tell the hyungs to you." Jungkook glanced at me

He stared at me long enough, expecting my reply.

"Well.. maybe its.. Maybe its because we have the same age!"
I managed to say.

" Is it because of our age...?"
He trailed off.

" or is it because you're a

...girl?

I was starting to panic, since when did he knew?

"H-how did you.. "

"I knew it since the first day.. When you walked in the audition room. I noticed you were different." He said still looking straight at me

" I-i don't know what to say."

" Though I don't know your reason. I know you're not a bad person." Jungkook smiled

"But you might get in trouble if others find out. I don't know how long you can go on with this." He added.

" I'm not planning on destroying the group, there's just.. There's just something I need to do."

He looked at me seriously, his eyes in a sympathetic gaze.

"Yeah, you should do what you have to do.. But it's hard doing it on your own. You can trust me. You can be yourself around me."

"W-why are you doing this?"

"Well, its just...I don't see any reason to hate you at all.."
He smiled as he grabbed my arm signaling that we needed to go.

"Thank you for keeping my secret, Jungkook"

He smirked

"Well, this is because i like you."

"W-what did you say?"

He laughed and placed an arm over my shoulder

" as a friend, you pabo... But I'll be your knight against whoever tries to hurt you!"

We laughed.

Somehow, I think I felt relieved that I got to tell a friend about my secret:)