Chapter 1 💘

*Knock Knock* Riley hears at the door on a Wednesday morning. "Coming Maya!" She rushes to the door and opens it to see her best friend in the whole wide world, Maya Hart. Maya takes one look at Riley and walks inside. "What are you wearing Riley?," Maya said in the most sarcastic way possible. "I'm gonna do it, Peaches! I'm trying out for the cheerleading team," Riley replies. "You didn't make in elementary school. Not in middle. What makes you think you'll make the HIGH-SCHOOL team?" Riley looked discouraged. But Maya knew she wasn't because well, she's Riley and Riley is never discouraged. "Maya, that was middle school. This is high school. I can do this!" Maya had a subtle smile. "I can't talk you out of this, can I, Riles?," Maya asked. Riley grabbed her hand as she skipped happily out of her bedroom and said "Noooope! :)"
************************************
*at tryouts*
"Here I am again, same old situation", (Hehe) Maya said. "Sit down, Peaches I'm gonna go start stretching," Riley said.
"Start stretching for cheerleading. Speaking athlete language now are we haha," Maya teased.
Riley smiled and walked away. Maya sat there doing nothing for about two minutes until she became bored of waiting and realised she had left her phone in Riley's apartment. She knew Riley would be gone for a while so she figured she could just walk to get her phone then make it back right before actual tryouts began. She stood up to see Lucas. "Huckleberry. Whatcha' doing here?" Lucas turned Maya around and sat her back on the bench to ask "Where ya goin'? Not gonna stick around to see Riley try out again?" "Well that wasn't my intention, Ranger Rick.. I left my phone at Riley's and I was gonna go get it," Maya replied. "You do know how long of a walk that is, right?," Lucas asked Maya. "Well we can't drive... what are you gonna steal a car, Lucas the Good?" Maya laughed. "Yea? And why is that so funny, Maya? Don't think I'll do it? Let's just see about that", he said. He grabbed Maya's hand and pulled her outside to Mr. Matthews car. He'd stayed after school to grade papers. "Isn't this the car of Mr. Ma-", Maya began but was cut off by seeing who she thought was Lucas the Good to be breaking and entering Riley's father's car. "LUCAS! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING THAT'S COREY'S CAR", Maya blurted. Lucas rolled his eyes. "So are you coming or not..", he asked. Maya shook her head. Lucas sped off. Maya seriously did not expect him to do that and didn't know what else to do but run after him. She didn't really care what would happen to the car if he had an accident.. but she was more so worried about him. And why was he acting this way? He can't drive and he knows this he could seriously get hurt. Im gonna be late to tryouts and Riley will be hurt. Is this all my fault? All these thoughts were running through Maya's head as she raced toward the corner Lucas would take to get to the Matthews'. Maya ran as fast as ever, eyes wide open (Hehe) and up the whole time focused on that car. She didn't even look what was in front of her. Then, BAM! Maya knew that was it. She knew Lucas had crashed. She heard a scream saying "MAYA!" But it was closer than she expected Lucas to be. She looked up to see Farkle whom she had accidentally ran into when chasing Lucas in the car. Turns out she fell and Farkle called her to see if she was okay so that explains the loud noise. "Wait! So that means Lucas is fine!" She jumped to her feet and hugged Farkle for no reason. "Yeah. That's great but I have know idea what you're talking about. Where's Lucas? Wherever he is, I'm glad he's fine but you know who's not fine? That guy in the car up there that looks like the Matthews car. He's about to swerve." Farkle said. "LUCA-,"Maya started. SKEEEEERT CRASH WEEE WOOO WEEE WOO. Maya fell to her knees and the tears came falling out. Farkle was just so confused. Everyone looked out their doors to see what the noise was. Maya had hoped she just bumped into Farkle again and it wasn't Lucas crashing the car. But it was..the damage had been done and it looked baad..
To be continued..