Chapter 3 💘

*At the school in the gym*
Riley kartwheels over to a distracted and worried Maya. Maya looks up from her phone to see Riley striking her landing like a gymnast. "Wasn't that great Maya! That's the most amount of kartwheels I've ever done at once", Riley said with a big smile. "Yea Riley great job. That was great," Maya replied. "Can you call Lucas to see if he can come? I want him to cheer me on. And Farkle told me he was on his way like 20 minutes ago... do you mind giving them a call?" Riley asked. Maya looked down at her phone to reread the message sent to her from Farkle. If so tell her we are heading to somewhere with his dad.
"Sorry Riles but Farkle told me they had to go some place with their dad. But maybe they can hang later", Maya said not thinking since she figured Riley would understand they're busy and wouldn't want to be bothered with for the whole day. " Oh okay. Tell them to meet me at Topanga's this afternoon", Riley insisted. Maya's heart started pounding. What was I thinking! They're in the HOSPITAL. There's no way they can hang. Maya sighed. " Peaches, what's wrong?", Riley asked. Bzzzz.
Maya had her phone sitting on her lap and Riley looked down to see who'd texted her. New text from Farkle 😜📚 : Lucas is not okay. Leave Riley. Come now. Riley's eyes widened of fear. When Maya realised what was happening she quickly grabbed her phone and turned it off. She looked Riley in the face to try to hide what they'd both just seen. Then Maya picked up her phone and looked at the new text. "Oh.. those silly telemarketers. I better block this number hold on Riley", Maya lied. She unlocked her phone. Riley snatched it out of her hand. A tear went down her face. "MAYA I SAW THAT TEXT. WHAT IS FARKLE TALKING ABOUT", Riley screamed. Everyone in the gym focused their eyes on Riley. "Uh, Riley... everyone is looking at y-" " I DONT CARE. WE ARE GOING TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW"
Riley dragged Maya's arm outside for about 3 blocks until she realized she had no clue where she was going. She stopped in the middle of a sidewalk. She sighed. "Maya, where is the hospital ?" Maya looked at her phone, (thankful Farkle had brought it to her earlier) and looked up at the street name closest to them. "About two blocks up" So they kept walking until they made it to the hospital.

They made it inside to see a medium height, lady working at the front desk. "Hello, ma'am. My name is Riley Matthews and this is my friend, Maya Hart. We are here to visit one of our friends checked into the hospital, Lucas. Lucas Friar", Riley said. That sent a chill through Maya's body to hear those words in the same sentence. Lucas. Hospital. She began having flash backs of what she thought would happen back in Texas during the bull ride. She soon realized the nice lady had given them wrist papers as permission to go see Lucas. "Room 219", she said. The girls thanked her as they walked to the room. "208, 213, 215, 219 A, 219....B?" Maya said in a confused matter. "Did the lady say 219 A or 219 B?", Maya asked. Riley shrugged her shoulders as the lady hadn't given them a letter. The girls stood outside the rooms to listen if they could get any sign as to which room was Lucas'. Maya heard something from room A that sounded alot like someone saying "Minkus". "RILEY", Maya whisper-shouted. "I think I heard someone say Minkus in room A.", Maya said. "Why on earth would they be saying Farkle's last na-", Riley started. Then she heard someone mention Texas from room A. They both heard it. They looked at each other with confidence as they walked into room A. The curtain that covered the bed was closed so they figured it was best to leave it that way. They were both so excited to see Lucas and surprise him but Maya especially was trying her hardest not to SCREAM in excitement (*COUGH COUGH* LUCAYA *COUGH*). Maya couldn't hold in her mixed emotions of eagerness to see him, fear to see if he's okay, and loudness mixed with silence of hiding her love for him. She couldn't contain her self anymore and just screamed " LUCAS I LOVE YOU I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY AND ARE WILLING TO OPEN THE CURTAIN SO I CAN SEE THE DAMAGE THAT HAS HAPPENED I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU...did I just say that out loud.." Here eagerness took over her surroundings and made her forget Riley was right beside her. She cringed at the thought of seeing Riley's face after she just accidentally blurted out her love for Lucas. Maya closed her eyes and turned face Riley. She opened them and Riley was gone. She hurried to the hallway to see a crying, running Riley. "RILEY WAIT!", Maya screamed. She couldn't handle not knowing what Lucas was thinking right now. So she went back to room A and opened the curtain. "GAH", "You're nOt LUcaS" " No, I'm not Lucas? I'm Phil, short for Phillard Teecsus and I have mucus." Said a middle aged guy who was drinking a glass of water, with a middle aged woman sitting in a chair next to his bed. "Wait... Teecsus..Texas and Mucus..MINKUS" , Maya realized she and Riley's hearing was a bit off. "Sorry to bother you sir," she said as she closed the curtains. "Wait so Lucas must be in room B", she was about to walk out the door when she saw...LUCAS in crutches right behind her! "Lucas!! You're okay!" Maya reached for a hug but he walked into the hall to comfort Riley who was stopped by Farkle. Maya stood in room B watching her best friend being comforted by the boy she likes and Farkle because Riley was told by Maya that she was over Lucas but...she wasn't. Maya walked over to Lucas. "Lucas, do you like me back?", she asked. He looked up at her. "Maya...."
TO BE CONTINUED