Chapter 4 💘

"Well, Lucas?"
"Maya. Of course I like you back."
Maya smiled. Riley was still upset about finding out Maya liked Lucas. But to just find out he liked her too.. she was completely done. She stood up. Maya and Lucas looked at her. "What am I still even doing here? It's obvious you two will be a great couple together and what is my purpose? Anyone?? Okay so I'm gonna go home. But I want both of you to know that you two hurt me. I will be waiting in the bay window and I'm giving both of you one hour to decide whether you're going to come and make it up to me or.. you get the point. ONE hour," Riley said. Then she walked away.

Maya and Lucas stood there unknowing of what to do. "Maya, I-," Lucas started. "No, Lucas this is my fault. I began all this havoc. If it wasn't for me calling you names, you wouldn't have flipped out like that and gotten into an accident and I wouldn't have said that I liked you.. all this stress can't be good for you. Go lay down and I'll go sort things out with Riley," Maya said. "But Maya she wants both of us there", Lucas replied. "If she's really trying to be nice and resolve things with this whole situation, she'll understand that you're not in any condition to be dealing with this right now," Maya replied. She looked up at the clock. "50 minutes. Bye, Lucas" She gave him a friendly hug.

Maya walked down the streets of New York destined to patch things up with her bff, Riley. Soon she reached their apartment. *Knock Knock Knock* Corey opened the door with a facial expression that said he knew what was going on. "Matthews.." , she said with a sigh. "Please go fix things Maya." "But Mr. Matthews.. you know what happened! I have no clue of how to fix this. And I doubt I can even look poor little Riley in the eyes without feeling even more guilty than I do now." "Maya, you may not know how to fix this now but, once you sit in that bay window with Riley, you'll know exactly what to do. Think of all the things you girls have talked out in that window. I'm sure this will go just as easy as the rest" Maya smiled because this advice was really helping her. Not like it was the first time though.. Corey and Maya talked for about an hour and soon he'd given her the confidence to go talk to Riley. She thanked him and gave him a hug. "She's right in that window Maya!" Maya hurried to Riley's bedroom. She opened the door and screamed "Ril-".. Maya looked at the bay window. Empty.. "Riley?", Maya said, confused as she walked around Riley's bedroom searching for her.

Five minutes later, Maya remembered this was Riley she was dealing with. This is probably some little game of yours, Riles. Okay I'll play. Maya sat on the bay window. "Come now?", she asked. Nothing. May's put her hand on the other cushion of the seat. She felt paper. She lifted it up. It was a note. She read it. I hope Lucas was worth..losing your best friend. "RILEY!!!" Maya screamed at the top of her lungs. She looked at the time and realised she'd spent a whole hour talking to Corey and it passed the time Riley was expecting her. "R-R-RIIILLLLEEEYYY!!!" Maya hollered even louder this time. Auggie, Corey, and Topanga came into Riley's bedroom. "Maya what's wrong?? Where is Riley??!!", Topanga asked. At this point Maya was crying her eyes out and could barely speak. So she just gave Topanga the note. She and Corey both read it. "WHAT! RILEY COULDN'T HAVE..." Topanga's voice trailed off. Corey and Topanga's eyes filled with sorrow because they knew Maya felt like this was all her fault. They were all thinking the same thing of what happened to Riley. But only Maya could actually say it out loud. "You know what. Maybe she just ran away. She ran away, right??!! Please tell me you don't think she actually commited..." Maya's voice trailed off.
TO BE CONTINUED
~Authors note~
Hi readers! Sooo sorry this chapter is so short. I sort of waited last minute to write it but I hope you liked it. What do you think happened to Riley? So far I have been doing really good with updating on Thursdays so I think that's the day I'll stick to updating this story! Thank you guys sooo much for 63 reads!!💘 I hope you're enjoying the story! Thanks see you next Thursday!❤
~leia🌸