An Empty Feeling

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.

************

Fatima

       "She is sleeping with him, " Autumn squealed scrolling through her phone. "Look at that smile on her face. I know that look and that's the look of a woman who is getting her back blown out."

      "Let me see." I said taking Autumn's phone from her.

      "Look at how she's staring at him, " Autumn continued. "That's not just a going out to dinner with my co-star look."

      "But the whole cast is there." I defended looking at pictures of the cast dinner of Brandy Moore and her co-stars. The Shade Room had just posted pictures questioning if something was going on between Brandy and Michael B. Jordan citing rumors from sources on the set. "They are always tryna start something by posting pictures to make things look worse than they are."

      "I don't give a damn about all that. Look at her face." Autumn stressed. "Michael  is hitting that!"

       I stared at Brandy and I hated to admit that Autumn had a point but she did. Brandy's cat-like gray eyes were beaming as she looked on at Michael laughing. He was giving her a similar longing look and you could definitely see the obvious attraction between the two. I couldn't tell if they were playing it up for the cameras since their characters were love interests in the movie or if the paparazzi had captured a genuine moment between the two.

         "I can't see anybody cheating on Jericho." I said out loud emotionless while swiping through more of the pictures.

         Brandy was beyond beautiful by society's standards, like a younger version of Vanessa Williams. She was Hollywood-skinny with enough curves to keep her being every guy's fantasy girl. As hard as she tried to paint herself as innocent, she came off so phony that it was still hard for me to believe that somebody as real and conscious as Jericho was with someone like her in the first place.

        "That ho better not cheat on my man, " Autumn said standing in front of the full-length mirror in her apartment. "But if she does, mama has the perfect medicine for a broken heart." She patted her breasts to emphasize her point.

        "Girl, you know Jericho don't mess with no curvy girls in real life." I said laughing at her.

         "He just hasn't met the right one yet." Autumn said turning to me. "Once he gets a taste of all this he'll never be the same." She began to twerk in front of her full-length mirror.

         I threw one of the tangerine-colored throw pillows at her. "I can't stand you, " I said laughing even harder.

        "That's only because you know I'm right!" She said flinging her hair.

        We were both getting ready to go to Muse Paintbar in Virginia Beach with some other friends to have dinner, drink, and paint. We had all started becoming so busy working with our post-graduation plans, that we had been forgetting to enjoy our senior year. We were all starting to see each other in passing. This Girl's Night Out was supposed to remedy that.

        I hadn't been updating Jericho's Heart in the past week because I had interviews with John Hopkins School of Medicine and UNC School of Medicine that I was busy preparing for. They were my top two choices for medical school, with John Hopkins being my top choice.