Moment of Truth

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.

************

Jericho

@YaraTheWriter: How did you come up with your screenname?

"Damn." I thought pausing from what I was doing. After my manager and I played the new album for the executives at my record company. They were so excited about the new music, that they started releasing press releases along with the first single, Moment of Truth.

It had only been out a couple of hours and was already playing nonstop on iTunes, all over social media, and radio stations across the country. I knew I had another smash on my hands, but I didn't know it would blow up like it was! It was nice to see the fruits of my hard work though, because I put my all into this album.

I was out at a club celebrating with my team. Everybody was so hype to see me out, that they were showing me so much love. I don't know why among everything going on around me, that I clicked on WriteNow when a notification popped up, but I did. I only had one book in my library, Jericho's Heart, so whenever I got a notification it was because Yara had either updated the book or sent me a new message. I hadn't chatted with her in a few days so I wanted to see what she was up to. However, seeing her message caused me to pause. Do I tell her?

Me: if I tell you who I am, will you tell me who you are

There was no response so I figured she went to sleep since it was so late at night and I knew she was in school.

"Aye son, I told you this song was gonna be that hit!" Brendan said drinking out of a bottle.

"You did!" I half-laughed while watching the women on the dance floor eyeing us as they danced.

"I'm taking her home...and her...and her... I need to add a little whipped cream to my sundae with that one right there with the pink dress on." Richie rambled drunkenly.

"Aite nigga, make sure you strap up or your shit gonna be burning again." I shook my head with amusement.

"I already learned my lesson from the last time." He said glaring at me.

I could only laugh harder because I remembered when Richie first started feeling himself after my first album he worked on hit big. Girls threw themselves at him as much as they did me! They seemed to love his Puerto Rican and Black mix. One night, he collected about eight girls after a show in Maryland and took them back to his hotel room. At some point, he stopped using condoms because he ran out. He ended up getting Gonorrhea but didn't know from who because the night had been that wild. His shit was burning so bad that he cried every time he went to the bathroom. Luckily, what he caught could be cured with a shot.

"Haha nigga, you real funny." Richie replied when my laughing continued. "Wait until your ass catches something."

"No woman I mess with ever wants those kinds of problems." I said looking down at my phone. I noticed a new notification and clicked on it.

@YaraTheWriter: I just asked about your screen name.

Me: I just came up with it

I lied hoping that she would drop it.

@YaraTheWriter: Is it just a coincidence that Jericho's new album is Jaren vs. Jericho?

Me: how would I know something like that

@YaraTheWriter: I don't know that is why I am asking you.